New iPhone 3GS, I hope

kmazzi

Aug 30, 2009
I just purchased an I phone 3gs from ATT, not an authorized reseller one of their corporate stores. When I got home I started playing with it and clicked on app store and someone elses email address popped up on the screen. Now I had a regular iPhone 3g and when i got it this didn't happen..

My question is could this phone be used? I called the store and they told me that when they plug the phone in who ever was the last user their info goes into the phone, but i don't recall the person ever plugging my phone in.. unless i missed him doing that..

I spent a lot of money and don't want a phone if it was someone elses.. Is there anyway to tell, or could what the store tell me be correct?

Thanks much for your help!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I have never heard of this happening. When I bought 3GS it was fresh. If it was me and someone else email address was in my brand new phone I'd be pissed.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It sounds as if it's been used. You can simply restore the device through iTunes so it's totally stock again.

If not then I'd take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Where did you buy this iPhone?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
If they weren't authorized by Apple or AT&T to sell it, then I would return it & get a refund.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I would def. take that from back from wherever you got it. Did you buy it from some knockoff ATT store ?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Thats exactly what they were saying i think. They bought it at a corporate store not an auth retailer.

Only corporate stores are allowed to sell iPhones anyway. There are a ton of AT&T stores here in Lubbock and they all trash talk the iPhone but its because none of them can sell it. there are 2 corp stores and best buy where you can purchase an iPhone.

Anyway id call Apple tell them what happened and ask for a replacement if your not happy with doing a restore

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
I just purchased an I phone 3gs from ATT, not an authorized reseller one of their corporate stores. When I got home I started playing with it and clicked on app store and someone elses email address popped up on the screen. Now I had a regular iPhone 3g and when i got it this didn't happen..

My question is could this phone be used? I called the store and they told me that when they plug the phone in who ever was the last user their info goes into the phone, but i don't recall the person ever plugging my phone in.. unless i missed him doing that..

I spent a lot of money and don't want a phone if it was someone elses.. Is there anyway to tell, or could what the store tell me be correct?

Thanks much for your help!
Did they not open the shrink wrapped phone in front of you. From my experience they bring the brand new phone from the back and tear the plastic open in front of the customer.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
Did they not open the shrink wrapped phone in front of you. From my experience they bring the brand new phone from the back and tear the plastic open in front of the customer.

Do you k now how easy it is to "re-wrap" a package? I'd be pissed. Go back be nice at first---if that doesn't work, raise heck!