New iPhone 3GS Specs

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
  • 3MP Auto-Focus Camera. Tap to focus, as close as 10cm
  • Auto white balance and auto exposure, and low-light sensitivity for camera, and video
  • Video recording, 30fps, editing, sending, and uploading to Youtube
  • Faster processor - Messages load 2.1x faster, SimCity 2.4x, Excel attachments 3.6x, large website 2.9x
  • Improved battery life - 9 hours internet browsing, 10 hours video, 30 hours audio, 12 hours 2g talk-time, 5 hours 3G talk-time
  • VoiceOver for content and controls, zooming, color inversion, mono audio, etc.
  • Built-in digital compass - Integrates with Maps
  • Accessibility settings will read aloud what you touch on screen
  • Built-in Nike+ support
  • Dimensions are identical to iPhone 3G, so old cases will fit perfectly. Weights 0.1 ounces more.
  • $99 8GB iPhone 3G avail today June 8
  • $199 16GB iPhone 3GS available June 19
  • $299 32GB iPhone 3GS available June 19

Poll: Will you buy the iPhone 3GS?

3MP autofocus camera:

Taken with iPhone 3GS:

Video editing, trimming, sending, uploading:

Play songs by saying things like "Play songs by the Killers" or "Play more songs like this", or make calls by speaking:

Last edited by a moderator:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
:laugh2:VIDEO!
I have to get one now with all the new features. I wasn't going to but now I have to!

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Yeah, disappointed at the lack of a fresh look, but I like the new functionality. Unless there are even more color choices then 3gS owners will blend in with 3g owners lol.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
so what thats mean that the 3g is the same? this one has more mega pix and thats it, video recording is even possible now

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
16 and 32 gigabyte... virtually the same price... blah blah blah...

nothing really new and flashy... it'll have the same 3.0 operating system... you'll just have a better camera, and video capabilities...

and now they're dropping the price of the 3G's...

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
iPhone 3Gs...how dissapointing....apple is loosing its edge, the Palm Pre is the phone to beat now......I will be selling my 3G, moving to the Pre and waiting for the next generation of iPhones....hopefully they'll come up to spped with their software...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Ok, im getting one! Assuming I can sell my 3g for atleast what i paid for it.

Hey, I got more than I paid for my V1

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
iPhone 3Gs...how dissapointing....apple is loosing its edge, the Palm Pre is the phone to beat now......I will be selling my 3G, moving to the Pre and waiting for the next generation of iPhones....hopefully they'll come up to spped with their software...
WTF were you expecting? The iPhone is the sexiest phone out there....why would they change it. They are adding software to make it better...a hell of a lot better.

a la 3.0

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
No new design. Minor improvements. Voice commands that other phones have had for years. No new colors. Only a 3MP camera when other have had 5MP+ for at least a year. I'm actually disappointed.

Too Many Secrets

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I guess the good thing is that us 1genrs still feel like we've been ahead of the game for 2 years now. We will get the benefits of 3.o without the need to buy new hardware. Maybe the 1gen phone was really light years ahead of it's time!