New iPhone 5, from a iPhone 4....Facebook problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by andrewmpalmer2003, Jan 23, 2013.

1. andrewmpalmer2003

andrewmpalmer2003 New Member

I've done some research but cannot solve this problem at all.

I had a iPhone 4 upgraded now to a iPhone 5, I also have a ipad2, my facebook Acc does not sow notifications number in the globe icon only on the app. It's just spins and no notifications show in the list!

This never happened on my iPhone 4, and does not happen on any Internet browser!

I have tried re installing the apps on all devices, checking my notification settings within the app, on the browser and I. The phone settings section, I'm at my whites ends, any advice, I was thinking of hard setting my new hand set.

Ps it still does this now on the iPhone 4, as I've just checked that as I still have wireless feature to use that device

Help please

#1 andrewmpalmer2003, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

I too have issues with my Facebook app for the I5.. On my iPhone 4, if an issue arose, I'd just delete app and reload it, then it'd be okay.. On the I5, for whatever reason, its very buggy and there are times when I hear the tone and get a badge and then there are times when I don't.. There needs to be an update by Facebook to fix the issue..

Sent using iCafe app

3. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I think facebook app is still not compatible with the iPhone 5. It is something to do with the app not on your phone. My friends and I are also having this issue with our facebook app on iPhone 5.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I have never heard my Facebook app make notification alert sound on my iPhone 5. I let Facebook notify me via text messages. On your desktop, log onto Facebook, then click on settings, then click on Mobile (or follow this link). It'll guide you through the setup process. I find this method provides more functionality than Notification Center anyhow. For example, you can "Like" posts on your wall and reply to them simply by replying to the text message. Plus, it's fairly easy to collect all the short codes in one contact and name it Facebook, so that you could then assign it its own custom text alert, like so:

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1361374179.903258.jpg

Basically it's 32665 (FBOOK), and 32665101...32665110. These are the ones I've gotten in my area (South Florida, USA); they may differ for you, but I would not expect them to if you're in the USA.

Your carrier's standard messaging rates will apply.

5. klausmmia

klausmmia New Member

Yeah! this is the solution. I read about it on e how. For me its working fine now.

6. jodiety11

jodiety11 New Member

Is it possible?

7. alicepattinson

Bronze

even with iP4s, FB has issues. I don't know if it's because of the OS update but fb is really weird. No notifications. grr

8. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

My Facebook app works just fine on my iPhone 5, other than the inconsistency with notifications. This is a noted problem with the app in ALL iPhones, not just the 5.

9. alicepattinson

Bronze

True! mine as well. FB is working just fine. Only the notification is the problem