New iPhone 5.....should I sell my 3GS?

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I've been on the fence if I should keep my old iPhone. I had a 3GS before I upgraded. (I'm doing cartwheels over the improvement!)

I still have my 3GS phone and was wondering if I should even bother trying to sell it? I don't think it's really worth anything now w/the 4 dropping in price and the 3GS will be the forgotten one. I'm not hurting for money right now. I was just gonna save it as a backup in case anything happens to my 5 (god forbid)

I was burned before, I had an iPhone stolen from me w/o having an emergency backup and it was a pain in the arse.

What do you guys think?

leggz2di4

Bronze
Jul 26, 2010
New York
I think you answered your own ?. Keep it as a back up Just in case. Good luck!

Sadly still rocking a blackberry...but for not much longer!
Loving my iPad 2.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I kept mine. Even kept it on 3.1.2 to stay true to '09. It's kinda fun to go back and use it for a few minutes to see how much things have changed and how crappy the screen looks. It's funny because I always thought that screen looked great back then. The only thing I miss about using that phone as my daily driver is how great it feels in my hand. It's so comfortable to hold.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I kept mine. Even kept it on 3.1.2 to stay true to '09. It's kinda fun to go back and use it for a few minutes to see how much things have changed and how crappy the screen looks. It's funny because I always thought that screen looked great back then. The only thing I miss about using that phone as my daily driver is how great it feels in my hand. It's so comfortable to hold.
Lol I agree. So funny I've had my 5 a few days only and looking at the 3GS I'm thinking how did I use this for so long?! I did think the screen looked great while I had it. I think it'll be fun to see the nostalgia of it after awhile.

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
Lol I agree. So funny I've had my 5 a few days only and looking at the 3GS I'm thinking how did I use this for so long?! I did think the screen looked great while I had it. I think it'll be fun to see the nostalgia of it after awhile.
Just think how the iPhone 6 will look and feel like when it comes out

Sent using iCafe app