New iPhone 5.....should I sell my 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Booyow1204, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I've been on the fence if I should keep my old iPhone. I had a 3GS before I upgraded. (I'm doing cartwheels over the improvement!)

I still have my 3GS phone and was wondering if I should even bother trying to sell it? I don't think it's really worth anything now w/the 4 dropping in price and the 3GS will be the forgotten one. I'm not hurting for money right now. I was just gonna save it as a backup in case anything happens to my 5 (god forbid)

I was burned before, I had an iPhone stolen from me w/o having an emergency backup and it was a pain in the arse.

What do you guys think?

2. leggz2di4

leggz2di4 Member
    Bronze

I think you answered your own ?. Keep it as a back up Just in case. Good luck!

Sadly still rocking a blackberry...but for not much longer!
    Loving my iPad 2.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I kept mine. Even kept it on 3.1.2 to stay true to '09. It's kinda fun to go back and use it for a few minutes to see how much things have changed and how crappy the screen looks. It's funny because I always thought that screen looked great back then. The only thing I miss about using that phone as my daily driver is how great it feels in my hand. It's so comfortable to hold.

4. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Lol I agree. So funny I've had my 5 a few days only and looking at the 3GS I'm thinking how did I use this for so long?! I did think the screen looked great while I had it. I think it'll be fun to see the nostalgia of it after awhile.

5. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

Just think how the iPhone 6 will look and feel like when it comes out

Sent using iCafe app

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You mean with the 4.7" screen and permanently jailbroken?

Well, I can dream, can't I?