New iPhone and nothing on screen works

ved9311

May 11, 2008
I got a brand new first gen iPhone from Apple and its already unlocked, however nothing works on the screen, i can click on the phone symbol but after that i cant go through my contacts, or look at my favs or call or dial and this goes for everything else on the phone, camera,internet and more... Do i need to activate it from iTunes or something? Bc i get a full signal and wifi.. any idea what the problem is?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This has actually been occurring on my phone recently and I'm not sure what the problem is. I would suggest trying to restore as a NEW iPhone and then trying the Jailbreak and Unlock process again. If that doesn't do the trick then I would suggest visiting the Apple store nearest you and have a Genius take a look at it.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Some iPhones suffer from the screen going dead. If this is what is happening to your iPhone they will replace it for you no question asked because it is a known issue of the iPhone. They replaced mine a couple of days back when the bottom part of the screen stopped responding. Good luck!

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
use ziPhone for jailbreak if you have 1.1.4. go to ziPhone.org. only hit the jailbreak button and leave it alone. if it doesn't work or it freezes, hit stop process. taking the cord out could permanently damage it. It happened to my friend. Apple couldn't find the cause, so they gave him a new 32 gb. his current one was an 8gb that was upgraded to 20gb.

mdev05

Jun 13, 2008
Yes @hitrho5 is right.... I am sure this will work. Go to www.ziPhone.org and download ziPhone software. Download, install and run. Hit the top left button 'Do it all'. And you should be done

Last edited by a moderator:

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
use ziPhone for jailbreak if you have 1.1.4. go to ziPhone.org. only hit the jailbreak button and leave it alone. if it doesn't work or it freezes, hit stop process. taking the cord out could permanently damage it. It happened to my friend. Apple couldn't find the cause, so they gave him a new 32 gb. his current one was an 8gb that was upgraded to 20gb.
32gb iPhone..huh