New iPhone Applications in the works

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Apple's Q2 financial results are in, and along with the almost predictable profit and sales achievements -- $855 million in profits, 34% year over year growth, $12.6 billion cash on hand... you know, the usual -- Apple fleshed out a few details about two of its "closed" platforms, the iPhone and the Apple TV. Apple promises to "surprise and delight" users of both with new applications and software features as they go along, many of which will be free. Apple also noted that it's using "subscription accounting" to make sure it doesn't have to relive that 802.11n scenario of charging a nominal fee for upgrades. When asked about how widely the iPhone will be available in June, Apple didn't have a whole lot to say, other than they won't be able to predict demand until they start shipping -- we predict they'll sell a few.

I found this info at; www.engadgetmobile.com
Sounds great to me! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 20, 2007
Great news indeed, on all fronts. I'm sure forum readers will be particularly intrigued by the dangled carrot of forthcoming "new" iPhone (and Apple TV) applications and software features. It's worth repeating the quote, "We want to provide many of these new features and applications at no additional charge to users." Who doesn't like the sound of that?!? Let's hope they mean to deliver more than just your standard software updates/patches.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm hoping one of these applications is a planner that works in conjunction with the calendar. My current Blackberry 8700 has a horrible calendar which surprises me based on the fact that Blackberry's are supposed to be marketed to businesss personnel which no doubt need a powerful planner/calendar.

Any other wishes or predictions on these new Apps?

p9939068

Bronze
Apr 19, 2007
A financial and accounts planner like MS Money. PDF, Word processor and spreadsheet. Photo editor. Internet sharing. Application scheduler.

and MSN Messenger :p

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
A financial and accounts planner like MS Money. PDF, Word processor and spreadsheet. Photo editor. Internet sharing. Application scheduler.

and MSN Messenger :p
Personally, If I wanted to do all that stuff on the move, I would get a laptop!

On the other hand, it is said in the FAQ of this site that the iPhone will open PDFs, and if you look at the main menu of the phone you will see a notes app.

Could these notes be similar to the notes thingy in the new Mac Mail in Leopard?

May 16, 2007
to-do list and notes

I read in Pogue's second review that the to-do list in iCal does not sync into the iPhone, and that the iPhone's notes application does not transfer to the computer's iCal. What's up with that? How can you have a proper handheld organizer without a to-do list? I suppose Apple could update the software to fix this omission, but it's a big omission in my (i)book.