new iPhone commercials

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Are very different from the originals...they all have regular people talking about how before iPhone, they had to carry a phone, their iPod, and something else such as a camera. Then they give their praise to only having to carry one device lol.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i just saw that .. it came on during family guy... i wonder if they are real, like they take real people off the streets.....

i wanna be in one!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Just saw that one during Family Guy too.

Here's the big shift in the campaign....it's an Apple AND AT&T advertisement. Up until now, it's only been Apple iPhone commercials.

I was actually going to post about this a while ago to ask why there were no AT&T commercials for the iPhone. Now they are here.

I like the commercial.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
How many of those are out there right now? I've only seen one so far but that was pretty neat. I think these commercials will have a better impact on consumers than say the Mac/PC commercials because it actually shows real people using them and the things you can do with an iPhone.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
How many of those are out there right now? I've only seen one so far but that was pretty neat. I think these commercials will have a better impact on consumers than say the Mac/PC commercials because it actually shows real people using them and the things you can do with an iPhone.
There are three new commercials: Doug, Elliot, and Stephano.

You can view them here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
omg...there were only 30 Apple stores in the whole US just 5 years ago?! Wow that really shows how popular they have become, probably because of the iPod first, latley the iMac, and now the beginning of the iPhone. hmm...i wonder whats next...oh i got it! Next year they will reveal the iCar! Lol I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did....as long as its not shaped like an Apple lol. I wonder what they could do differntly with a car....

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
omg...there were only 30 Apple stores in the whole US just 5 years ago?! Wow that really shows how popular they have become, probably because of the iPod first, latley the iMac, and now the beginning of the iPhone. hmm...i wonder whats next...oh i got it! Next year they will reveal the iCar! Lol I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did....as long as its not shaped like an Apple lol. I wonder what they could do differntly with a car....

I wonder if there will be an Ibricker for the iCar ...

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
I thought they were boring, and with the sound off they're useless.

They need to show a reenactment with them doing what they're talking about. That would catch people's eyes.

And the guy with two phones, one for texting? Scary.

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
I thought they were boring, and with the sound off they're useless.

They need to show a reenactment with them doing what they're talking about. That would catch people's eyes.

And the guy with two phones, one for texting? Scary.
Your "no sound" point is flimsy.

Do you really think anyone wants to watch Stephano text message, more importantly isn't that something my imagination can fill in ?

Having an extra phone to text with is creepy...

They ran similar ads about five years ago (same director). And Apple has grown immensely since then... it's hard to find fault considering how that went... no?

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
I thought they were cool.

First, it kind of catches you off guard...when I saw the Stephano commercial my first thought was "Hey, that guy has an iPhone"...then it was "hey, this is an iPhone commercial".

I couldn't tell if these were actors or real people...but three months in with the iPhone very much in the real world now and the "wow" factor a little bit gone, seeing them in use and hearing stories of how important they become in your life is a good change of pace. I mean, I can relate to every single one of those stories...the iPhone has come in handy so many times it's not even funny.

The first round of ads were to make our jaws drop and drool all over the floor...which they did.

The next round was to show us that the iPhone isn't all flash and no substance. It really is a useful tool in our everyday lives.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
http://www.macrumors.com/2007/08/29/volkswagen-apple-working-on-icar/

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this is definitely the next step for Apple's marketing of the iPhone. they are taking very common, everyday instances where the iPhone comes in handy and it making it seem like people need this.

i could really relate to the Elliot commercial, about the internet. just yesterday i was at a ticketmaster location and needing to know where a concert was being held. i quickly hopped onto the free wifi in the mall and found exactly what i needed.

i found the Doug commercial pretty funny, or at least semi-comical when he said, "oh this guys owes me money, and the message is four minutes long so he probably is telling me a story as to why he doesn't have it. skip it". unfortunately i can't relate to this commercial too much since i rarely get the chance to use my visual voicemail since i either always have the iPhone on me, someone will text me right after they call and i don't respond, or they just don't leave a voicemail altogether :< i did find the "actor" a little over the top though since he said "one of the greatest advancements through out the history of man kind". seriously? of mankind? that makes sense since we've mapped out the entire planet, been into space, and have also successfuly mapped out our part of the universe. to me this guy is an idiot, but still funny.

and i also sympathized with the Stefano commercial. i love technology and i usually have many devices to carry around, but using the iPhone for all of them? haha no. i have already spent $500+ on a digital camera, have over 8gigs of music/shows that i actively listen-to/watch, and now a phone that can do all of those things but limits the quality in each. still, for the average person, i can see where this would sell.

overall, i liked the commercials. i liked how it was putting "regular" people infront of the black back drop where we've only seen "Apple" people talk before. i also liked how after they were done talking, they would just like walk off to their lives. what i found strange was the lack of female representaion from an Apple commercial, or even african american representation. i figured that in all of the 3 commercials, it would encompass these things: white people, black people, old, middle-aged, young, men, women, and people of all different pay scales(except for those that can't afford it). that's just how i figured they would market this, i'm not trying to be mean or single out anyone.

i liked them though :)

eep! sorry for such a long post (o.o') i got a bit carried away (^_^ ')

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Are very different from the originals...they all have regular people talking about how before iPhone, they had to carry a phone, their iPod, and something else such as a camera. Then they give their praise to only having to carry one device lol.
The funny thing is I see more folks in real life now who are listening to digital music on their iPhones who never (well probably never) would have bought an iPod. They're walking around with their white earbuds on and cables down into their shirt pockets.

I guess iPhone is the device that crosses the chasm, or what we used to call the (generation) gap.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I really think the older "demonstration ads" were better. I think showing the iPhone in action is much more of a seller than just saying "I can combine my pda, iPhone, cell phone, etc" into one device. The first thing that people say to me when they see that I have one is, "show me the flip thing!" or the album art. The new commercials don't show any of that.