New iPhone dropped on concrete, what are my options?

Regatta03

Oct 10, 2007
Hello All,

This is my first post here on the forum and I have a question. I dropped my iPhone last night on the downtown Chicago concrete and I would like to know what my options are. There are very noticeable scratches on the "chrome" bezel I purchased the phone approximately 7 days ago so what are my plays?

I guess I could take the phone back, pay the restocking fee and purchase another or ask for a new phone due to technical issues. My phone has been shutting down the camera, mail, calendar, and stock applications for no apparent reason.

I know that I paid for the phone and dropped it so I am not holding Apple responsible for it and I understand all of the moral reasons why its wrong or whatever. But I really don't care about Apple and how much money they make or lose on this one transaction.

So, morals and values aside, what can I do to get a brand spanking new iPhone. I just sucks to only have the phone for 6-7 days and to have scratches on the bezel :( I'm willing to pay the restocking fee...and yes I will purchase a nice case for it.

Thanks in advance guys!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you walk in and tell them you want to return your iPhone, they will likely inspect it very closely for any physical/water damage and hacking/unlocking. I seriously doubt they will let you return a damaged iPhone.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
If you walk in and tell them you want to return your iPhone, they will likely inspect it very closely for any physical/water damage and hacking/unlocking. I seriously doubt they will let you return a damaged iPhone.
I think the wonky progs are more of a reason to bring it back than a slightly scratched bezel. If you push that VALID issue they will give you a new one on the spot no problem after just 7 days.

Regatta03

Oct 10, 2007
yes,

the scratches really arent that noticeable at all. I just know that they are there and I don't want them. lol...

You cant really see them unless you know where to look and you hold it at certain angles. I just know they are there and it sucks b/c the phone is so new. :(

So, to answer your concern, I really don't think they would reject me taking the phone back. Unless ANY physical damage is cause not to restock it. I'm sure they expect something to be damaged at some point during the 14 days. (maybe not, i don't know)

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Man up, admit to your mistake, and pay to have it fixed.

Regatta03

Oct 10, 2007
Okay,

I purchased it from AT&T, so I should return to AT&T correct?

Are you sure it will be an "on the spot" transaction? or will they investigate the problem, give me a loaner, and get back to me?

The programs definitely shut down a lot on their own. I was going to take it in for that reason anyway.

Thanks for the responses guys.

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali
Okay,

I purchased it from AT&T, so I should return to AT&T correct?

Are you sure it will be an "on the spot" transaction? or will they investigate the problem, give me a loaner, and get back to me?

The programs definitely shut down a lot on their own. I was going to take it in for that reason anyway.

Thanks for the responses guys.
You have to take it to Apple, not AT&T. if you tell them that it is closing you out of apps for no reason, they should just give you a new one

Regatta03

Oct 10, 2007
New iPhone :)

I went into the Apple store and came out w/ a new iPhone...but the new one seems to have a less than vivid screen. Colors seem lighter for some reason...maybe not...just looking for things.

Apple is great:laugh2:

JMMARICH

Oct 5, 2007
I went into the Apple store and came out w/ a new iPhone...but the new one seems to have a less than vivid screen. Colors seem lighter for some reason...maybe not...just looking for things.

Apple is great:laugh2:
Karma ;) Glad it worked out for you. Now go get a case.