New iPhone hasn't finished restoring from iCloud...

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by Redhotchili, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

I have plenty of iCloud storage, but there are about 10 apps that I can't open bc they haven't been restored onto my new phone. I've had my new phone going on 2 days now. Because of this I can't update to 10.2.

I live in the Washington D.C. area and I'm wondering if it has to do with my carrier Sprint (Verizon has better coverage in this area). I was going to go with Verizon when I upgraded, but Sprint has a Buyback deal at Best Buy and I only pay half price for my new iPhone plus 128gb ! I'm wondering if I shouldn't go back to Best Buy while I can and just get Verizon. Anybody in my area who has any thoughts on this ?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Could they be apps that are no longer available? Like the everythingicafe app.... it's no longer in the App Store itself, so restoring from iCloud won't get you that app anymore. ?
    Also tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

3. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

Roofmonkey: I can't get 8 of my photography apps that are combined in one app icon marked Photography. Also, a calendar app I use for my business which I need.

4. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

Exact same problem has happened to me during one of the iPhone crashes I had last year and this. I think it was the 2nd 6 Plus replacement that just kept grinding and would not restore from iCloud. The genius said, if happens like that. Advised me to reset and set up as a new phone. I did, then added apps individually. That worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

Woesong, it did work !! However, I'm still not able to update phone to 10.2. All apps have been restored too.

6. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

I'm suspicious that the overload of power and features for smartphones is causing these failures. I began having terrible troublewith 6 Plus, and nothing else but trouble since. So far, so good with the 7.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Combined into one app icon? Huh? Makes no sense! Do you mean a folder on your home screen? A folder won't save in iCloud. Only the app data. If for whatever reason your 8 apps do not show when you restore, just go to your purchased list in the App Store and download them again.

8. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

Yes, that's what I meant--wasn't sure how to define the folder. That's what I did; I went to each app in the App Store and downloaded again. I still am not able to upgrade to 10.2 bc it STILL says iCloud is still finishing restoring . I'm seriously considering returning phone since I have my old phone on me.

9. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

I changed from Sprint to Verizon and the problem is fixed !!

10. MailFlys92

MailFlys92 New Member

I came across the same issue

11. Sebastian01

Sebastian01 New Member

Another method, you can use phone data transfer software to transfer app from phone to phone, or restore your iphone from the backup file if you have.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Developers who make that kind of software are scam artists. There’s no need to pay for that when iTunes is perfectly capable of handling the procedure. But the OP already said his issue was fixed, thankfully.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

iTunes doesn't allow you to selectively restore certains parts of your backup, though. I've used a couple of these types of software and they can do many things iTunes can't.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List