NEW iPhone IN DECEMBER?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...someone just told me that there was a new version of the iPhone launchin' in december...i haven't had the time to research this so i decided to jump on here and get some quick answers from the experts ;)...thanks...

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
...someone just told me that there was a new version of the iPhone launchin' in december...i haven't had the time to research this so i decided to jump on here and get some quick answers from the experts ;)...thanks...
It's all speculation. You'll know it's true only when Apple tells us they're doing it.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Everyone and their dog likes to think they know something about when another iPhone will come out when, in reality, no one except Apple knows jack!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
It's all speculation. You'll know it's true only when Apple tells us they're doing it.
...word...it kinda don't make any logical sense to do that...people have paid top dolla for the iPhone which lauched just a lil' ova a month ago and to come out with a new version 6 mths later just doesn't make any sense...do you know how many upset cust. Apple will have on their hands...:mad::eek:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The iPhone should be launched in Europe in November / December. Not sure what kind of changes they might make, but there might be some slight updates.

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
ipod has been around for a long time and is still strong. another version of iPhone will not cheapen this one. Remember Apple's assumption on the success of this phone was a bit dissappointing with regards to Sales. I wouldn't be surprised if R&D is knocking heads on questions like "what went wrong?" "how can we do better?"

Besides, the new iPhone could be cheaper and smaller - in other words less to attract the crowd they couldn't get this time around....

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
ipod has been around for a long time and is still strong. another version of iPhone will not cheapen this one. Remember Apple's assumption on the success of this phone was a bit dissappointing with regards to Sales. I wouldn't be surprised if R&D is knocking heads on questions like "what went wrong?" "how can we do better?"

Besides, the new iPhone could be cheaper and smaller - in other words less to attract the crowd they couldn't get this time around....
spot on. this is highly plausible.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Cite?

Jobs originally said he expected European deployment 4th calendar quarter of this year. If so, are you thinking it'll be the exact same model as the U.S. got in June?

Last edited by a moderator:

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i work for AT&T and buddy over at Apple says the're releasing a new screen that's anti-glare, kind of like the new Samsung plasma's filter bright technology, better use in bright light

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Source? I'm very skeptical of this unless i know your source. Based on the fact it's also not posted everywhere i doubt it's authenticity.

Last edited by a moderator:

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
My brother has Apple stock and he says that he was sent out a notification that they would be releasing a smaller/cheaper version of the phone. Today I was at work and a big ATT rep was doing an iPhone giveaway and I started talking to her and she said wait until the beginning of October for the smaller version. Honestly I don't believe her because she's not involved with Apple, but I just wanted to pass along the information. All she kept saying to me was to wait, so who knows. Most likely BS.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Personally, I think that the 3 big reasons that steered many possible consumers away were:
3G compatibility ( which is not really all that big of a deal, but fun to brag about)
The Battery issues - Cannot access, problems with usage versus charge
And Customization. Widgets are fine here and there, but with all the power this phone has, there should be the ability to add more direct software, and REMOVE software ( sorry, i don't watch a lot on YouTube) and customize the look and feel of the phone. ( I lump push-mail in with this as well)

At $600.00, this is truly an innovative device, and groundbreaking. But if your goal is to capture the market, you need to know what your customer base is looking for.
All of us first gen owners, are basically beta-testing the market for Apple so they know what to expect with the second gen release and how to conquer over-seas. And I believe that they will move quick on this, but not quick enough to anger the first gen owners that much unless there is a superior software update that enables and incorporates more user control/cutomization.

This is all my own speculation, but I know that I cannot be that far off the mark on at least a little bit of it.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I have an Apple and ATT sticker on my car
and I have information on the new release
but if I evere give away that information
I will have to remove my bumper sticker
sorry to all

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have an Apple and ATT sticker on my car
and I have information on the new release
but if I evere give away that information
I will have to remove my bumper sticker
sorry to all
So, are you saying that your an employee of one or both companies, and you'll be fired if you say anything, or are you just trying to be funny?