New iPhone in June

bluedrib

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
The Boot "Louisiana"
Is it just me or is there a scary resemblance between the new iPhone images and the ones posted back in their patent app last year ?!?!
What do you think?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This has gotta be the fourth thread with this title by now...

No, that picture was explicitly described as a mockup, not anything official from Apple. And regarding the blockiness of the patent diagram... that's just how they usually are. It's not a patent on the shape or design of the actual case, so they use blocks to represent areas of the device.

I like the look of that mockup, too, but I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've wanted that Starbucks barcode deal ever since the first story came out about it. It looks awesome.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Is it just me or is there a scary resemblance between the new iPhone images and the ones posted back in their patent app last year ?!?!
What do you think?

...good point...you know they all will look familiar...and trust me the next one they release after this one, has already been patented...yeah they are years ahead of themselves...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
What is that? I have never been in a starbucks?
You don't belong here. I believe there are treatment programs for people like you - go to starbucks.com for more info :)

I, on the other hand, visit Starbuck's several times weekly and I don't have any idea what you're talking about regarding this barcode thing, either. Please 'splain...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I do like the look of that design, and it has the advantage of looking more like a part of the Apple family than the current iPhone.

But I read someone somewhere say that holding the current iPhone design was like holding a "warm, dead bird" and I thought, in a good way, that it was an apt description. In plainer words, I like the way the current one feels in my hand! It is a nice shape for a handheld device.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
You don't belong here. I believe there are treatment programs for people like you - go to starbucks.com for more info :)

I, on the other hand, visit Starbuck's several times weekly and I don't have any idea what you're talking about regarding this barcode thing, either. Please 'splain...
Naw im good if i want coffee ill make it myself and have it black. Not a dressed up liquid ice cream for 8$.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
looks ok... too zune-ish to be anything close to reality, though.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
What do you think?

You know what is probably the biggest flaw with this design mock up? If you look closely at the back of the phone you can see that there is a removable battery cover. Never in a million years would Apple succomb to that. (Spell checker on here doesn't have the word "succomb")

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
That's because it's "succumb"

And there is no spell checker here. That's Firefox doing that.
Funny, both words show up in the online dictionaries. There are more hits under succumb though. Must be pretty commonly misspelled then :p