New iPhone in late September?

May 4, 2011
Does anyone can confirm or disprove this rumor? I heard that AT&T prohibited the use of annual leave at the end of September. Can we expect new iPhone in late september?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's looking like we'll see an October release. I'm not overly excited. I'm genuinely going off Apple. I don't like what they do with their hardware. Releasing "stuff" that could have been made better in the first place i.e iPad 1.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's looking like we'll see an October release. I'm not overly excited. I'm genuinely going off Apple. I don't like what they do with their hardware. Releasing "stuff" that could have been made better in the first place i.e iPad 1.
I'd give you iPhone 3G vs original, but the 4 and iPad 2 have been solid hardware updates. They always leave a little something open to upgrade, but not much on the iPhone front. I talk to people who are upgrading to the iPhone 4 late in the cycle and they often say, "What will the new one do, that this one doesn't?"

I do think that's part of the reason why we're not seeing a new iPhone this summer.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'd give you iPhone 3G vs original, but the 4 and iPad 2 have been solid hardware updates. They always leave a little something open to upgrade, but not much on the iPhone front. I talk to people who are upgrading to the iPhone 4 late in the cycle and they often say, "What will the new one do, that this one doesn't?"

I do think that's part of the reason why we're not seeing a new iPhone this summer.
Don't get me wrong they are both brilliant, however, why couldn't the iPad 1 have a camera? The tech was there and already in use by Apple.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Don't get me wrong they are both brilliant, however, why couldn't the iPad 1 have a camera? The tech was there and already in use by Apple.
I agree with you on that one. I rarely use the camera on my iPad 2, but all things considered, it could have been included in iPad 1. If they end up releasing iPad 3 this fall with a hi-resolution screen and it's priced in the range of the iPad 2, then they'll have some annoyed customers. I don't see that happening. If they release an updated iPad, I bet it gets a higher price tag and will be sold alongside the iPad 2.

On the iPhone side, Apple did a great job with the iPhone 4. It's vastly better in specs and build quality over the iPhone 3GS --- as long as you don't drop it.:D

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
IMO a camera on an ipad or any tablet is useless and probably rarely used by anyone.

Apple started the market on tablets and set the bar with the ipad 1. Why put stuff in their just to raise the price of it? They still sold a crap load and made it better with the ipad 2. Apple just knows what they are doing and do it well

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
IMO a camera on an ipad or any tablet is useless and probably rarely used by anyone.

Apple started the market on tablets and set the bar with the ipad 1. Why put stuff in their just to raise the price of it? They still sold a crap load and made it better with the ipad 2. Apple just knows what they are doing and do it well
In your opinion. I don't like their methods, they're frustrating and unfortunately I know they aren't going to change just because I've had a small rant.

Sep 6, 2010
I agree with you on that one. I rarely use the camera on my iPad 2, but all things considered, it could have been included in iPad 1. If they end up releasing iPad 3 this fall with a hi-resolution screen and it's priced in the range of the iPad 2, then they'll have some annoyed customers. I don't see that happening. If they release an updated iPad, I bet it gets a higher price tag and will be sold alongside the iPad 2.

On the iPhone side, Apple did a great job with the iPhone 4. It's vastly better in specs and build quality over the iPhone 3GS --- as long as you don't drop it.:D
It's not a question of if, Apple is definitely releasing a new iPad in October with a HD screen. The real question is, whether they will call it the iPad 2HD, or the iPad 3. There are many customers who had the iPad 1 and didn't bother with the iPad 2, so either way, Apple wins in the end. I believe Apple will lower the current cost of the iPad 2 as they did with the iPad 1 and sell the next iPad alongside the iPad 2 in October. Whatever they decide to do, I really don't think they are going to have as many annoyed customers as you are thinking...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think they may not have been able to get the parts in time.

I tend to disagree with the cameras being useless on the iPad. I don't have an iPad 2, but I use my iPhone to FaceTime my brother and my dad and both iPad cameras are invaluable for video chat. I've never been to Alaska, but I've done virtual tours of the house my brother built there thanks to the cameras it has. And video chatting with my two-year-old nephew who I rarely get to see in person is pretty awesome. FaceTime was released just a few months after the the iPad 1 and think that's when the lack of cameras was really noticed.

Wasn't the pricing the same for both models? The parts get cheaper every year so they can afford increase the specs and sell it for the same price as the previous year. They did set the tablet bar with the iPad 1 and now they need to continue to move forward and add stuff that people want in order to stay competitive.

Aug 31, 2010
We're getting rumours of late November release in Canada, so late September/early October in the US sounds about right.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Doubt it, but he might do that when he thinks about how his company has more cash on hand than the US Government.

Sep 6, 2010
I doubt they would do another iPad this year. but if so I think it will be an iPad 2 Pro, or something similar. Like the Macbook line (Macbook, pro, air).
There is definitely going to be another iPad in October. But yeah, since it will have a HD screen, Apple may call it the iPad 2HD.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Sept. 20th

I hope the IP5 will be released, I ready to order.

I hope they make the announcement soon telling us what goodies it wil have.

itsalexaye

Bronze
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
zamkato.com
But they could bring out a whole new line of iOS Devices all at once. iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV. Everything is due for a refresh except the iPad, but there's been lots of rumors of that being released this year.