New iPhone in September, new iPad Q4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by chris, May 9, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Grab the salt shakers, DigiTimes is reporting that there will be a new iPhone in September and a new iPad in Q4 of this year.

Since my original July prediction hasn't worked out, I've recently moved to a September date for when the new iPhone would release. No inside information or anything. Pure speculation on my part that Apple will want to announce/release in September to have that added time to deliver a ton of iPhones during the holiday quarter. During the iPhone 4S launch, it was near impossible to get one, so you could say it's a missed opportunity of sorts. Stores are packed in November, December. If they release in September, that gives them plenty of time to satisfy the initial demand and then ramp up for a strong holiday push.

Thoughts?

2. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Cool but can't imagine an iPad 3-4 months before the yearly release schedule, unless it is really gonna be a major upgrade or difference! Maybe a 7" or possible a 16X10 body style like the Android tablets.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I agree, expanding the lineup is a possibility. I'd imagine an iPad mini would make for a pretty popular gift around the holidays. I've mentioned on our podcast a number of times, but adding the "cute" factor to the iPad certainly wouldn't hurt sales. Look at what the mini/nano did to iPod sales.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I really hope we don't see another iPad this year..! I've only just upgraded from the iPad 1 :(

A smaller variant of the current iPad may be something of interest to a lot of people, a little bigger than the Galaxy Note.

A new iPhone is the biggest thing we'll see from Apple this year, I hope.

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I have an Android tablet and really like the 10.1 wide screen layout of the device as compared to the boxed 9.7 iPad. I'd really love to see Apple stretch it out or at least give us the "Wide Screen" option in menu when choosing out to Apple TV. My Android tablet fills my 46" TV so nicely and all the apps as well as video really look good and then I go with my iPad and lose a good 25-30% of my screen!

6. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i hope the new iPhone hits on September..............I am ready, probably will ship with IOS6.0

7. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Sounds like u just need a bigger TV screen ;)

All kidding aside, as a home theater geek myself, not having output option for widescreen seems a bit short sighted. Luckily should be a simple software fix, perhaps there is a Cydia tweak for that?
    I just got the iPad 2, and don't have AppleTV yet (was waiting for 1080p output, now available w/the AppleTV 2), so have not run into the issue.
    You could force your TV aspect ratio to "stretch"....

8. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Where is this setting? On my TV remote if I change it to wide screen from normal I lose some of the iPad screen off the top and bottom of the TV. If the setting is on the iPad that would be great!

9. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Sorry, didn't mean to get u too excited....
    I was talking about TV's settings.
    Your mostly concerned about the aspect ratio when you are mirroring iPad's landscape mode to the TV via AppleTV?

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Yes and my Android tablet perfectly fits to the whole TV screen for all apps.

11. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Dunno if your iPad is JB'd, but I found this in Cydia.

46b5c2e5-42fb-af6e.jpg

Wonder if the changes in aspect ratio are incremental, or if they are just toggles.

12. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

don't care about the new ipad but i wish the iPhone would come out sooner. mine is turning into a pos...

13. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

TVOut 2 works great but I have the new iPad with no jailbreak. And with IOS 6 probably coming sometime in June it maybe July - September before a jailbreak is truly available not to mention that IOS 6 will probably get 2-3 updates up through the fall.

In other words... Give us this simple option is we so choose Apple!

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

New iPhone in October, like last year.

New iPad Mini - possibly, wouldn't hold my breath.

Next big iPad distribution, next March.

It's nice to dream. Man, are we spoiled or what? We want new before our current new becomes old. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the next iPhone. I just got my iPad 3rd gen (my 1st iPad ever) and I love it! I'm not even thinking about the next one until the time comes around, then I may have to scrape my pennies together. Until that time, I am enjoying the heck out of my Black iPad 3rd gen 64Gig WiFi/4G AT&T beauty. I love it! As I do my iPhone 4S. I am looking forward to the new iPhone, I know it's gonna kock our socks off!

15. snowtrooper1966

Gold

^For sure!
    If the new iPhone came out as I was walking out the door from my purchase of the 4S, I'd wanna upgrade. Not because I'm unhappy with current model, just have severe "upgraditis".

Just another bonus of Apple products, especially top tier models, is the high resale value.
    Makes it far less stress on the wallet to give in to upgradeitis.... :D

16. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

New iPhone in October. I think that's very likely, but not a new iPad in Q4. As for an iPad mini, I still don't believe Apple will make one.

17. My-phone

My-phone Member
    Bronze

The new iPhone will have to be something truly ground breaking for me to stay with the line. I hope the new one has a 4" or so screen and I am sure it will.

18. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Absolutely can't wait for the new iPhone this year, hopefully sooner than later. I have no interest whatsoever of an iPad mini and have doubts that Apple will actually put one out.