New iPhone lock screen flaw found in iOS 6.1.3, grants access to address book and photos

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
With all Apple's iOS lockscreen problems in the past, you would have thought that their OS would be locked-down by now?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
If this is the most advanced mobile OS, I'm Santa Claus :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
iOS 6.1.4 is rumored to fix that new flaw, as well as improving Maps in Malta.:D

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Really do wish Apple's software update team would actually work on the software and then test the software to make sure no problems exist or occur before releasing it to the beta testers or around the world!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Really do wish Apple's software update team would actually work on the software and then test the software to make sure no problems exist or occur before releasing it to the beta testers or around the world!
Well, it not only happens with Apple, rest assured. For instance, I've used Android, and they're subject to much the same glitches and bugs as iOS is. There's enough bugginess to go around.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Well, it not only happens with Apple, rest assured. For instance, I've used Android, and they're subject to much the same glitches and bugs as iOS is. There's enough bugginess to go around.
Must be that time of year...Maybe a shot is needed for all the bugs in iOS.

:ROFLMAO:

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
I posted this elsewhere, but I'm repeated it here b/c of content. heard on the news that there was a problem with the latest ISO 6.1.3 for iPhone (which is supposed to correct hackers bypassing the security lock codes). Anyway I heard the new ISO 6.1.3 significantly drains the battery and causes issues with wifi. Is this true and if so, has it been addressed? I haven't upgraded yet, should I wait for a fix to the fix?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I posted this elsewhere, but I'm repeated it here b/c of content. heard on the news that there was a problem with the latest ISO 6.1.3 for iPhone (which is supposed to correct hackers bypassing the security lock codes). Anyway I heard the new ISO 6.1.3 significantly drains the battery and causes issues with wifi. Is this true and if so, has it been addressed? I haven't upgraded yet, should I wait for a fix to the fix?
No, that is not true. It's fine to update as long as you don't jailbreak. 6.1.3 doesn't cause excessive battery drain. Those rumors get started for every firmware that is released. 6.x has ongoing WiFi connectivity problems for many people. They are not specific to 6.1.3; they occur on all versions of 6.x. and 6.1.3 does not fix the bug. Basically, the update will have a neutral effect on WiFi.

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
Okay, I thank you for the response regarding the battery drain concerns for the latest iOS. But what is this other issue that a flaw in the upgrade allows access to address book and photos. Am I miss reading (or misunderstanding) that subject title?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
On another note, I have a friend who (for whatever reason) is unable to install iOS 6.1.3. The update downloads but fails to install. I'm not sure if its something in her settings? I had her turn off her auto-lock set up but can't figure out the park problem.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On another note, I have a friend who (for whatever reason) is unable to install iOS 6.1.3. The update downloads but fails to install. I'm not sure if its something in her settings? I had her turn off her auto-lock set up but can't figure out the park problem.
Please post the iTunes error code.

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
The process was started Several times. It downloads the update and shows a "preparing update" screen. The final message: "Software update failed-An error occurred downloading iOS 6.1.3"

Sent using iCafe app