new iPhone model to be released by March

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
This from Appleinsider.com:

"...Reitzes also goes so far as to suggest that Apple's deck may be heavily stacked for the first few months of 2008 and should drive additional growth in the first calendar quarter, noting the possibility of new ultraportable devices, gaming initiatives, and iTunes video rental services. Significantly, the UBS analyst hints that the iPhone should see a major expansion in the next few months with a refresh due before springtime, potentially reinforcing the halo effect once more.

"We expect Apple to make an announcement on additional international iPhone carriers in the coming months," he says, "and our contacts in the supply chain point toward a new iPhone model to be released by March...."

Link--->http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._on_halo_2_suggests_new_iphone_by_spring.html

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
"iTunes video rental services"

Call me crazy but if they do that I will use it. I've already bought/wasted $10 on a few movies from iTunes, but really only watched them once.

If I could "rent" 'em for $3 or $4 I'd be more likely to use it.

Sure I can rip a DVD, and I know how to do that, but there are times where that is a hassle. Like right now, I've gotta leave on a businesss trip in the morning and I would gladly "rent" a movie through iTunes.

As for a new iPhone, March sounds believable.

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
3 or 4 bux each is pretty high imho, especially if movies are 9.99 and television shows only 1.99.

Speaking of shows, because they are available, it would be neat to also add those into the rental mix. Something that I think would sound more lucrative to the consumer is to have a Napster style system, whereby users pay a premium to access unlimited content per month.

An iTunes "All-Access Backstage Pass" would fit the bill.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
3 or 4 bux each is pretty high imho, especially if movies are 9.99 and television shows only 1.99.

Speaking of shows, because they are available, it would be neat to also add those into the rental mix. Something that I think would sound more lucrative to the consumer is to have a Napster style system, whereby users pay a premium to access unlimited content per month.

An iTunes "All-Access Backstage Pass" would fit the bill.
That sounds good...;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
This from Appleinsider.com:

"...Reitzes also goes so far as to suggest that Apple's deck may be heavily stacked for the first few months of 2008 and should drive additional growth in the first calendar quarter, noting the possibility of new ultraportable devices, gaming initiatives, and iTunes video rental services. Significantly, the UBS analyst hints that the iPhone should see a major expansion in the next few months with a refresh due before springtime, potentially reinforcing the halo effect once more.

"We expect Apple to make an announcement on additional international iPhone carriers in the coming months," he says, "and our contacts in the supply chain point toward a new iPhone model to be released by March...."

Link--->http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._on_halo_2_suggests_new_iphone_by_spring.html
Sounds promising! Can't wait 'till early '08!:laugh2:

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
I wish they didn't do everything through a host PC.

With 3G access, think how many TV shows people might impulsively rent to view, realtime or not, over the air.

Or maybe not. Phone TV viewing seems to be hot in the Far East, not so much in the US.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Phone TV viewing seems to be hot in the Far East, not so much in the US.
America is very behind in the cell phone industry. Texting just got to be popular within the last 5 years while the rest of the world has enjoyed it for the last 10 years. I hope TV does come to phones, the iPhone was a good kick in the face for Americas to use better phones;)

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
I think a video rental thing would be a perfect update for it especially when somebody figures out how to keep them from expiring. Which all of us know will happen. As far as a new model being released in March I would just be kind of pissed that I didn't wait til then to pick mine up. But what are you gonna do... Other than that Americans are extremely behind when it comes to cell phones more than likely whatever cell phone you own was out about six months earlier over seas. And if you see how they use them they mainly text all the time over calling. America is also the only country in the world using CDMA phones like Sprint and Verizon and their reason for this is the fact that all the voices that are changed into codes of numbers have never been hacked into.