New iPhone, old Apple ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Eddie Morrison, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Eddie Morrison

Eddie Morrison New Member

Hello all, I've joined this forum pretty much to ask this question as I can't seem to find an answer. Here goes.

A while ago I had an iPhone 5 and an Apple ID. The phone broke and I couldn't afford to buy a replacement at the time so instead made do with a big-standard phone.
    Now recently I've bought an iPhone 5 from a friend and would like to put all the photos/apps from my old broken phone on this newer one. I still have the same laptop we then and it was all backed up, but unfortunately I can't remember my password for my Apple ID or anything.
    Is it possible to take all the data from my laptop back-up and put it on my new phone without all my details? My new one is blank so I can make a new account but it's really the photos and angry birds high scores I want. Is it possible to just transfer stuff phone-to-phone via my laptop without any agro?

Thanks.

2. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Try ifunbox. I think it will work. Same as iTunes but not tied to your Apple ID. I think... Subject to being corrected.

#2 lancer_325, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Why not just request a your password from Apple? or ask them to reset it. Then you'll have all your data. If you use a different Apple ID you will lose all your stuff.

4. Eddie Morrison

Eddie Morrison New Member

I didn't even think of that, would they be ok with the whole new phone situation? Also I guess I'm more looking for a way to get the photos and data from my old phone backup onto my laptop so I can save it on a memory stick also. Is that at all possible just from the backup?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple has a "forgot my password" option for resetting it. As long as you remember the email address you used, you should be fine.

To apply a backup made in iTunes, connect to your computer and set up the new phone in iTunes. It will ask you if you want to use your backup. It will include the photos, settings and other data you had on the old iPhone. Your apps and music can be synced from the computer afterwards.

6. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

You can easily reset your Apple ID w email and other security details you only know answers to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk