New iPhone on Jan. 1st 2008?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xply

Oct 15, 2007

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
6 months from release to a next model phone is not unrealistic - BUT - Apple would not tell them they are doing it. Apple is SO tight lipped about things. Even the current phone you have was not formally released to the case makers until about 1 week before release. I read that on the casemate site as I was pre-ordering one from them and they had a brief article on there about how they developed the case from snippets of info released to the makers. From that they could make a model that had a fair chance of being right, and they moved on it. Final model was not available until the week before. So this seems to far notice to me. Type maybe or standard text on their part?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The engaget site say the iPhone but a fast skim of the manual did not say anything about that. Where in the manual is that? (it is scrolling like crap on my work computer right now so reading it is a pain). Nevermind, I see it. Interesting, but I am wondering where they would be getting their information from.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
"Produced" after Jan 1, not sold. Big difference. I would think that if they were going to release a new phone that quickly, they'd do it a month before and catch the holiday season. No point in releasing a $400 - $500 phone right after everyone has been tapped out by xmas. Just my $0.02.

aawong

Oct 8, 2007
It seems to me that they are refering to their speaker, NOT the iPhone.
I second that! Just saying that the speakers made after jan 1 will have iPhone compatibility so if you buy a speaker system now it is not compatible with the iPhone. Has nothing to do with the iPhone butr their own speaker.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Remember - if it's from Apple it's not official.

I highly doubt there will be a new model in January with the SDK coming 1-2 months after, but maybe.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Remember - if it's from Apple it's not official.

I highly doubt there will be a new model in January with the SDK coming 1-2 months after, but maybe.
If It's NOT from Apple it's not official. :p

And yes, this is a little ridiculous. It could very well be referring to the speakers, and as far as I'm concerned, the week after Christmas is not the best time to release a 400-600 dollar phone. ;)

Jul 12, 2007
Jan 1?

Apple won't release any new products that close to MacWorld. If anything were to come out in Jaruany it would be announced on January 14th which is the start of MacWorld and typically thats when Steve Jobs gives his keynote and announces new product. Thats when he announced the iPhone this year and that, as we know, was released 6 months later.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
If It's NOT from Apple it's not official. :p

And yes, this is a little ridiculous. It could very well be referring to the speakers, and as far as I'm concerned, the week after Christmas is not the best time to release a 400-600 dollar phone. ;)
Agree 100%;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Apple won't release any new products that close to MacWorld. If anything were to come out in Jaruany it would be announced on January 14th which is the start of MacWorld and typically thats when Steve Jobs gives his keynote and announces new product. Thats when he announced the iPhone this year and that, as we know, was released 6 months later.
Interesting point, "all models after January 1st"....could be the first shipment of new version waiting in the loading docks and possibly an announcement @ Macworld mid January....hmmmm, we shall see..

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I would think this just refers to software programming or slight hardware changes in the current version of the phone. From a businesss perspective, I think Apple is going to wait to see what is generated from the SDK before releasing a totally new model, from what I've gathered about this phone is Apple is all about giving a little taste bit by bit to keep us salivating. They don't appear to be bombarding us with all these new amazing things every other week ( just a figure of speech ). My opinion is we will see the same phone just with more storage space before we get a completely new model.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
If its not from Apple then its not official. DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHH!

Thats why they are called rumors sometimes true sometimes not.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I, like many others here, assume that this means:

Speakers manufactured after January 1st are compatible with the iPhone.