new iPhone picture - see the SIM tray

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
From Apple.com.

We finally have an official clear shot of the top of the iPhone. From top to bottom... sleep/wake button, SIM tray, pin hole to eject SIM, earphone hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
From Apple.com.

We finally have an official clear shot of the top of the iPhone. From top to bottom... sleep/wake button, SIM tray, pin to eject SIM, earphone hole.
Yep. Just make sure to keep a paper clip around when you want to remove your sim card. But really, how many times do you really swap sim cards? The only time I've done it in the past was when I knew I would be waiting somewhere like the dentist office and I wanted to take my ROKR instead of my RAZR so I could listen to iTunes in the waiting room.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
exactly what that koiliozon guy desrcribed.. especially the pin home ejecter.. hmmm
It was posted before kolizion ever joined EI that there would be a sim tray that you would eject with a pin or paper clip. Actually, there have been pics posted that showed the sim tray already; they just weren't as clear as this one.

Kolizion may turn out to be the real deal, but there was nothing that he posted that hadn't already been discussed here several times.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
That design looks so sweeettttt

but you guys see how it says "AT&T" in the upper left corner now, it use to say Cingular on some of the pics

any particular reason?

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
i dunno guys.. that seems like pure speculation to me. I don't think it's a SIM tray at all... I think that looks like the power button with a small white LED (much like their notebook computer's release button)

^^^^^^^^^In fact, I believe in the original iPhone keynote, he demonstrated that button as the power button.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That design looks so sweeettttt

but you guys see how it says "AT&T" in the upper left corner now, it use to say Cingular on some of the pics

any particular reason?
You're kidding right? How could you not know that Cingular has been changing to At&t for the last two months? Don't you see the advertisements that say, "Cingular is now At&t"?

You were probably joking anyway.;)

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
i dunno guys.. that seems like pure speculation to me. I don't think it's a SIM tray at all... I think that looks like the power button with a small white LED (much like their notebook computer's release button)

^^^^^^^^^In fact, I believe in the original iPhone keynote, he demonstrated that button as the power button.
Speculation? It's on the Apple website. It can't be more official than that.

If you don't see it, do this...

- Stare at the left side of the image. That is the top of the iPhone.
- Look between the earphone jack and the sleep/wake button.
- What do you see? See the tiny hole? That's where your paperclip will be inserted.

If you still don't see, then I advise to have your eyes checked.

And the button that you're referring to is the sleep/wake button not the power button.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
It was posted before kolizion ever joined EI that there would be a sim tray that you would eject with a pin or paper clip. Actually, there have been pics posted that showed the sim tray already; they just weren't as clear as this one.

Kolizion may turn out to be the real deal, but there was nothing that he posted that hadn't already been discussed here several times.
sorry but you are not accurate. he said...something about we would find out about streaming video shortly.....UH i think he might have been referring to youtube, which was just officially announced.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Besides, that's not a power button on the Macs either. It's the latch to open the lid. Your power button is on the right next to your delete key.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
sorry but you are not accurate. he said...something about we would find out about streaming video shortly.....UH i think he might have been referring to youtube, which was just officially announced.
Sorry, but we've been hearing about a possible youtube widget ever since the D5 conference when steve talked about youtube converting their format for Apple tv.

D5 with Steve Jobs