New iPhone something went wrong now I can't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by dreaahunnie, Dec 17, 2011.

1. dreaahunnie

dreaahunnie New Member

Okay, so I got my new iPhone 4 today from sprint..it was working fine I had internet access (through my 3g, not with wifi) then i plugged it into my PC, I wanted to put music on my iPhone, I clicked restore & iTunes asked if this was the iPhone that was previously restored & I clicked yes..instead of choosing "no this is a new iPhone" I didn't and now I have no internet access (3g) & I have all the numbers of the previous iPhone on my new iPhone ( which by the way the previous iPhone was not mine so now I have someone else's numbers & all my numbers are GONE.

pleaseee help me ! I won't sleep until this issue is resolved.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Try resetting the network settings for Sprint, under settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

No matter what you've chosen you'd have lost your contacts anyway as you "Restored" the phone. Usually, iTunes will present you with your latest backup and iTunes does backup phones prior to restoring, provided you didn't cancel it.

So check the lists of backups you've got.
    Go to File > Preference > and I think it's under the Devices tab.

4. GArones

GArones New Member

After several years of Android, and blackberry before that, I got my first iPhone. Sprint finally came aboard. With this dual core chip, however, I thought the Internet would load much faster. Other than free music on the droid, the iPhone rocks all others. I still have much to learn, as far as tricks n short cuts etc. but this newbie, who thought he would never conform, loves that I've gone over to the dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,
    Greg