New iPhone today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 11, 2007
Just purchased this baby today after I dropped my first one from a height of around 20ft. I upgraded the first phone to 1.1.1 and like many, could not add any other programs. But checking the second phone it has 1.0 installed. Do I want to upgrade to 1.02 or can I even upgrade to that version? Don't want to do 1.1.1 again. I'm a little confused. Thanks for any feedback. :cool:

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Just purchased this baby today after I dropped my first one from a height of around 20ft. I upgraded the first phone to 1.1.1 and like many, could not add any other programs. But checking the second phone it has 1.0 installed. Do I want to upgrade to 1.02 or can I even upgrade to that version? Don't want to do 1.1.1 again. I'm a little confused. Thanks for any feedback. :cool:
If you still have the same computer and iTunes installed cradle your iPhone. It will ask you if you want to upgrade to 1.1.1 say no.

Then on the upgrade button for your iPhone if you are in windows hold down shift I believe and cilck on upgrade and you can browse to where your 1.0.2 backup is stored. If you are on windows and can't find it let me know and I will start the computer up that has iTunes installed and tell you the location.

If you don't have a backup of 1.0.2 and you are on windows let me know and I can hook you up. I think Apple still has it for download as well. I saw a link here a while ago so you may want to do a search for that.

I can't remember the exact location. It isn't hard to restore though.

Sep 11, 2007
Thanks partner, I don't have the backup for 1.02. It would be nice to get it back. I am on windows and any help would be great.