New iPhone user, question to owners

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 30, 2011.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I am receiving my iPhone 4s tomorrow and am strongly considering not using a case, as with everyone I know who uses one it makes their phone incredibly bulky and way too thick. The phone is just on the verge of being too thick but is still pretty much fine with me without case. Is this a mistake? Is it very likely I will drop it or break the screen somehow? If so, does Apple Care cover this? Thanks.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Only AppleCare+ covers accidental damage, though they sometimes replace, just to be nice.

You should double check cases, there are some very nice ones that don't add much thickness, at all.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I personally think it is too small for my hands without a case. But yes it does make it bulkier. Also they do brake if you drop them and can crack the screen. Yes Apple ca will cover it up to two times but it will definitely cost you more than what a case would. If you can stand having a case on it I would deff recommend it. Also having a case and keeping it in excellent condition can help you sell it for a lot more in the future.

4. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I think it all comes down to what you personally like.

5. Rundell

Rundell New Member

I have a speck case in mine and I wish I had the otter box defender for it. I had one on my 3GS and that same day I got my 4s my daughter dropped the 3GS without the defender case and shattered the screen. I have dropped it more than a couple feet an nothing happened. All cases can make the phone big and bulky. But that's the trade off to protection.

6. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I'm not a big fan of cases so I thought I'd try out the wrapsol ultra, it's a body skin available at Walmart for $20. You can hardly tell its there and they claim offers the protection of a case. I didn't actually see the drop test video until after I bought it but it's pretty impressive!
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=wD_dXTzEAmA

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. kyleplusitunes

Silver

I use full body invisible shields

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So help prevent dents at all?

9. Willsrx

Willsrx Member
    Bronze

I use invisible full body shield from wrapsol on my 4 and now 4s. It gives pretty good drop and dent protection on the sides as well.

10. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

This is personal preference and also knowing yourself, knowing if you're prone to being a clutz or are careful. I have had every iPhone since the first one and I have never dropped my phone where it caused damage. I might plop it on my bed or drop it on the carpet next the couch I'm going to sit on, but am very careful when I'm outside or on hard floors. That's just how I am and that works well with not using a case. On the other end, my wife spends more time dropping her iPhone than holding it and a case is essential for her.

So I don't use a case, but that's not to say ill never have an accident. I am aware that it might happen, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Are you careful? Are you willing to take a risk on your investment? Or do you forego aesthetics and bulk up with the case for added security? It's up to you.

11. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Am I the only one that finds the iPhone 4/4S drop video with wrapsol amazing!?

12. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

No. I amazed. I have both am otter box and a lifeproof. And to think for $20 I could have been protected from drops.

Target

13. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

TM55, it's really up to you. As I just posted, I have an otterbox and don't like the bulk. I wore it on my belt for a while and didn't like that either. Went with lifeproof because I could put it in my pocket. I also work around water. The lifeproof adds very little bulk.

And yes on some occasions I go naked. (phone only of coarse)

Target

14. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I chose to use the Otterbox Reflex case which is a great case. Doesn't add much bulk to the phone. I always use a case for re-sale later.

15. kiublole

kiublole Member
    Bronze

i don't really like cases , but an work i use one o my otterbox cases on the week ends i like to have my iPhone with no case , but if i know that i am drinking that day i always put it back in my case : )

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Always nice to let you phone have the weekend off and go 'commando' huh? Lol

17. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

18. Myrddin

Myrddin New Member