New iPhone User

iFatty

Jul 22, 2008
New iPhone user, got the 8GB 3g.

Coming from a Blackberry Curve.

I'm on Microsoft Exchange and it works awesome. Once I figured out it was set to access wifi, I had to add my Mac Address to our Wifi network. Also appreciate how it synchs with my wireless router at home.

BAM.

All is well in Hooville!

Email, calendar, contacts all is awesome. The internet is so much faster than the 1st gen that I did a beta test on. It failed our IT testing due to the poor exchange compatibility.

These forums have been extremely helpful in my few days of ownership. Now I'm making my own ringtones, changing video formats etc... LOL

LOVE MY iPhone.

Now I'm seeking what cool apps are out there.

Detah to Blackberrys.

:cool:

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
New iPhone user, got the 8GB 3g.

Coming from a Blackberry Curve.

I'm on Microsoft Exchange and it works awesome. Once I figured out it was set to access wifi, I had to add my Mac Address to our Wifi network. Also appreciate how it synchs with my wireless router at home.

BAM.

All is well in Hooville!

Email, calendar, contacts all is awesome. The internet is so much faster than the 1st gen that I did a beta test on. It failed our IT testing due to the poor exchange compatibility.

These forums have been extremely helpful in my few days of ownership. Now I'm making my own ringtones, changing video formats etc... LOL

LOVE MY iPhone.

Now I'm seeking what cool apps are out there.

Detah to Blackberrys.

:cool:
Haha Glad to hear that! Enjoy your new iPhone!

ps. I hate blackberrys as well.

iFatty

Jul 22, 2008
Forgot running a now encrypted VPN for WiFi as well.

SWEEEET

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Welcome to the Forums and congratz on your new iPhone! You're soon to be saying "blackberrywho?":p Can't wait till I can say "Sidekick...uh...who?" Well that didn't sound as smooth...:sick:

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I also came from a BlackBerry (pearl). My iPhone blows it out of the water in every category...especially in looks :)

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Welcome to iWorld... trust me you won't look back. Did you try the blender test on your old Blackberry yet?

troutbumm

Sep 1, 2009
Two questions. I have a PC. Where on my HD, does I Tunes backup my I Phone? Which folder?

How can I transfer pics taken with my I Phone to my PC HD?
Thanks All TJ

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
TJ the folder is in my documents-music-itunes. As for your camera shots the only way I know of is to email them to your PC. I'm not sure how many you can attach to one email but probably 8-10 with no problem.

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
When you plug in the iPhone it's mounts just like a camera. Look in My Computer and a new drive should be added. You can copy from there to anywhere on your computer.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks Paul. Massive brain fart here! Oooooh that smell.:dft008:surprised

Sorry if I wasted your time TJ.

Mar 13, 2010
Ohio
Hello, I recently switched from the dwindling Alltel to AT&T and acquired a 3GS since I'm a media whore. I have been a BlackBerry user for years, so I am totally unfamiliar with the iPhone. That said, I am wondering if there are any threads that show the best applications, tweaks, whatever, that make the iPhone experience fantastic? I have heard "rumors" from people who don't own the phone (e.g. one can't add music that is not from iTunes because iTunes will check the integrity of the music file and then send that information to Apple).

Basically any "newbie" thread or how-to's would be fantastic. I tried the search feature but it was acting goofy for me so I decided to post instead. Any help, advice, input, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Click the forum button at the top, then click on whichever topic i.e Modifications and go from there.

Secondly, welcome to EiC ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to EiC. The rumor about not being able to add music that was not purchased from iTunes is completely bogus. I know there would be a lot of upset owners if that was the case.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Also look for the sticky threads that remain at the top of each section. A lot of information for newbies can be found there...hence the reason they are always at the top. Welcome to the forum.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
To add music all you have to do is place your music CD into the computer and watch it get transfered to iTunes. Then you sync the iPhone with iTunes and all the songs are on your iPhone. Might take 3 minutes tops. Can't get easier or cheaper than that!

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
If you have music in Windows Media Player go to itunes-File- then click either Add File or Add Folder and import your Windows Media Player music. That is if you are on a PC.

maximo916

Bronze
Sep 17, 2009
The "Search" box is also a very useful tool here.
And I must say, that of all the places I've looked for 3GS info/help, this place is always the best.
Enjoy exploring your new phone!

....and welcome to the dark side, muhahahaha