New iPhone Volume

I have noticed since I got a new iPhone yesterday that the volume on it is allot louder than my old iPhone I bought the first week of July. I've been sitting here checking out some tunes in the iTunes Music Store and I am just listening to them via the built in speaker. Sounds great. Whatever the problem was in my old iPhone, I hated it. The sound would go up and down all on it's own. Sometimes after syncing it would be loud than an hour later, I could barely hear it ring. That was always my only dislike with the iPhone.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Glad to hear you finally got a remedy to the problem. I've never really noticed an issue with the speaker volume on my phone, though, I hardly ever use the speaker anyway.

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I returned a week 28 production for a week 49... It seems to me that the display on the week 28 iPhone was much brighter and that the color and contrast was outstanding! The week 49 production display is just avg IMHO. Did you notice this difference?

Thanks,Paul

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oy, I remember back around iDay all of the controversy surrounding the series 5 or series 7 iPhone screens. I know that one was initially said to have the little white pixel dots all of the screen or something of that nature.

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I take it from your post, that you don't notice any difference in the two displays? That's great! I might have to take mine back and compare it to the other iPhones at the Apple Store. Everyone of my friends noticed how poor the display was compared to my earlier production model. :eek:

Jun 10, 2007
Well it's good that your iPhone is louder cause I'm about to get an iPhone soon and hope not to get a phone with poor volume so since yours is newer I might luck out lol.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This is just for your perusal; several other users and I have done this mod with great success, though:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21807

My volume has increased dramatically.
It did help make mine a little louder. I really noticed mine louder though after I used the new version of iPhone ringtone maker. It had an advanced setting where you can actually adjust the volume up higher. My ringtones are so much louder now. But thanks for the tip it did help a little.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It did help make mine a little louder. I really noticed mine louder though after I used the new version of iPhone ringtone maker. It had an advanced setting where you can actually adjust the volume up higher. My ringtones are so much louder now. But thanks for the tip it did help a little.
I noticed a pretty big increase, so I guess mileage varies. Maybe I got better penetration with the needle as well. There's no speaker directly behind the holes, just a thin shield and a port. The speaker is actually higher up in the phone.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I noticed a pretty big increase, so I guess mileage varies. Maybe I got better penetration with the needle as well. There's no speaker directly behind the holes, just a thin shield and a port. The speaker is actually higher up in the phone.
This is true so people don't have to worry about piercing the cone. I did this a week ago and it worked.

I returned a week 28 production for a week 49... It seems to me that the display on the week 28 iPhone was much brighter and that the color and contrast was outstanding! The week 49 production display is just avg IMHO. Did you notice this difference?

Thanks,Paul
I still have my original iPhone working right here. Since I synced my new iPhone I have the same wallpaper on the screen. All the settings including brightness are identical due to the syncing from ONE backup. I would say the color or the brightness in the NEW iPhone looks slightly better or brighter.

I don't remember how to look at what number the screen has or I would post that here. Maybe someone here can tell me and I can post the numbers here.

Edit: I found out how to see what version screen is on each iPhone:
New iPhone: 7520768
Old iPhone: 7455232

You can find out which panel your iPhone has by dialing *3001#12345#*

It would also be interesting to try and see if there is any pattern to which LCD panel has been having troubles with dead/stuck pixels for those who may have some.

cmbulba

Jul 8, 2007
no sound...covered by warranty?

k so i call or get a call...no sound unless i go to speaker? what to do? Apple store? covered by manufacturer warranty? will they just replace it or send it out? i need a phone.....so it cant be hella long?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
sometimes depending on what ringtone I use it is way too loud everyone turns around and looks at me like wtf is with the guy and his megaphone for a ringer