New iPhone With Network Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by flightmedic, Oct 12, 2012.

1. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Got my new iPhone 5 yesterday. Inspected it, looked pristine. Good on them. Had a little issue with wifi but a hard reset fixed that. Phew, was worried about that after reading about that issue online.

But driving home from work this morning, i noticed that I was getting EDGE or was roaming on the same road where I normally get 3G the whole way home. Has Apple changed the way that the phones find towers or some crap again? It's not that big of a deal but is kind of annoying, because this is a rural area, where AT&T just upgraded their towers this past year.

Thanks in advanced,

Jim

BTW, I LOVE this phone!

2. ichris

ichris Member
    Bronze

Have the wifi issue as LTE and 4G issue. Gettting a replacement. Icons shows I have connection. But data stalls. Its getting worse. Brought to Apple store last week did a wipe and restore ios6. Still has the problem. Brought it in today and no data using Apple store wifi. Oh well.

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Guess that ended the argument.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm experiencing similar problems with network connectivity. I think it's one of the many 6.o bugs that will be worked out with the next iOS update. For now, I just go in and out of airplane mode to fix it when it occurs.

5. ichris

ichris Member
    Bronze

It can't be iOS6. My iPad, iPod touch, and old iPhone4 has no issues. All are running iOs6. At the Apple store and at home we ran speedtest. My 5 fails to get pass the ping stage when using wifi and now getting stalls on 4g. Replacement is on its way.

6. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

I lose 4g frequently , then my AT&T logo goes away , but i have 5 bars. I can still talk and text when i lose the 4g icon. but lose data. when i lose the AT&T logo everything goes away, then after a few minutes it all comes back

I don't know if the fact that they are working on getting LTE in Albuquerque by the end of the year is a issue or not

7. ichris

ichris Member
    Bronze

I got my replacement and no wifi issues.

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Right there may be the answer. A lot of the iP5s are fugged looks like.