New iPod drops camera and loop

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by Rafagon, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

2. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

The iPod touch has a pop up little circle on the back which allows the loop to attach so people can have the loop around their wrist when taking pictures. So put simply the loop is a fancy name for a camera wrist strap.

Sent using iCafe app

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I used to have an iPod Touch fourth generation. It didn't have this "loop" thingamajig.

I can certainly understand the drop in storage capacity and the loss of the rear camera to lower the cost. And they got rid of this loop thing in order to bring down the cost as well, I take it? Was this loop made of solid gold on the inside and coated with plastic on the outside?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that thing costing more than $3?

5. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I own a 5th gen iPod touch and you are correct the loop is just a cheap piece of fabric but without the rear camera there is no point for the loop so it is no longer given with the new cheap iPod touch.

Sent using iCafe app

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It's the cool name for lanyard.:D

I like the color combo, but this is overpriced. It should be $199. Why not get a refurb 32GB with camera for a few bucks more or shop for a good deal. If I recall correctly, I paid $249 for my 32GB 5th gen from Shop Rite of all places.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What did the 'loop' have to do with the camera? This was the wrist strap lanyard right?

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I agree with you 100%! I think our definition of "lower-priced" and Apple's are two completely different things. So this up-and-coming "lower-priced iPhone" might end up being an iPhone that costs $20 less, comes with a Lightning cable which will be 20 millimeters shorter, and include only one EarPod--the second one will be sold separately. :D

9. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Yes that's the loop. And based on the way Apple has advertised the loop it was for hanging onto your iPod while you take pictures because it now had a 5 megapixel camera. Also cameras are generally sold with a wrist strap.

However I'm sure that skipping on the loop does help save a few bucks.

Sent using iCafe app