New iPod like iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
Do you think there will be a new iPod like the iPhone with landscape screen, touch screen controls, etc. just without the phone functionality (and maybe a much bigger hard drive?)

If not, what do you think the next gen iPods will look like?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I believe the next generation of full sized iPod will look a lot like the iPhone. I think Apple will want to take advantage of all the R&D that went into the iPhone. I would expect to see a multi-touch screen, maybe an extra couple of hard buttons and of course to run OSX. I don't think it will have WiFi (and thereforee features like web browsing, widgets, googlemaps, email, etc) though. I think Apple will want to keep the lines between products distinct.

I also think that the Nano will remain basically the same except have more memory. As the Nano gets more flash, it will be the iPod of choice for people who are only interested in just audio and for those who are concerned with size.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I had a thought long ago about a full screen video ipod. Im sure it will come to be. That way maybe Apple could save some money buying simmiar items from certain manufacturers