New iTunes 7.4.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Just checked software update on my Mac and iTunes 7.4.2 is now available for download. If you have problems downloading through iTunes, you can download direct from Apple.com/iTunes.

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
Previously posted in the Free custom ringtones thread:

I noticed my custom ringtones are no longer in the ringtones folder in iTunes. Interestingly they are still in the ringtones folder on my pc. I have tried many things to get iTunes to recognize the ringtones to no avail. Anybody have any ideas before I sync and lose my ringtones on my phone? :mad:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Dangit, I should have gotten the previous iTunes install when I had the chance so I'd have Ringtone functionality...

This is what I am foreseeing in my future:

New firmware upgrade released in the coming week and requires a minimum iTunes of 7.4.1
AppTap/Jailbreak is confirmed to work on iTunes 7.4.1 but only 7.4.2 is available

/bleh

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Dangit, I should have gotten the previous iTunes install when I had the chance so I'd have Ringtone functionality...

This is what I am foreseeing in my future:

New firmware upgrade released in the coming week and requires a minimum iTunes of 7.4.1
AppTap/Jailbreak is confirmed to work on iTunes 7.4.1 but only 7.4.2 is available

/bleh
I'm not upgrading. Ever.

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I just upgraded from the version before Apple started doing this ringtone madness! I'm using windows XP, where can I find the work around instructions for custom adding ringtones?

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
I don't see anything different... anyone else?
I am also seeing many duplicate playlists; for example: 90's Music, Music Videos, My Top Rated, Recently added, Recently played, and Top 25 Most played. The songs are different in these as well. What's up with that?

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Crap! I should have read this thread before I updated my iTunes. I wasn't thinking. Well my 2 ringtones are gone from the ringtone sync tab, but since i didn't sync my phone they are still there. Hopefully there will be a workaround before the next time i decide to sync.

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
All my ringtones are gone :-(
Isn't it possible to uninstall the 7.4.2 iTunes and then install 7.4.0? You would have to redue the ringtones but it is not that big of a deal. Besides I don't think 7.4.1 or .7.4.2 upgrades do anything other than restrict ringtones etc. (I mean it doesn't do anything positive does it?)

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
All that I noteice new is that I have lost my ringtones, and that I can rate albums now, although a lot of albums seem to have the wrong artwork, even though the songs on them have the right artwork. Weird. The 'album view' is really confusing.

tangfj

Aug 31, 2007
ibrickr

ibrickr still works for me after updating to 7.4.2. on iTunes i just unchecked the box for ringtones and haven't had any issues yet with my old custom ringtones from ibrickr.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
On the iBrickr homepage it says that the current version will still work if you toss the old version of iTunesMobileDevice.dll into the iBrickr application folder.

I've not upgraded my iTunes, I still have the version before the Ringtone tab was added, so I've tossed my DLL into a zip file for y'all.

If you'd like to have a go with this older DLL file heres a link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bplpr1

Please post your results, I'm going to have to upgrade at some point :p