New iTunes = Don't Use iBrickr to Jailbreak?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Howdy,

I've got some friends getting iPhones and they've asked me to mod them. I've already upgraded my iTunes so I'm not sure if it's possible to use iBrickr anymore for jailbreaking. I've heard you can get your iPhone locked in a continuous loop.

Can anyone verify this?

With that said, I reckon my safest method for Jailbreaking now is AppTap? I really like iBrickr, but I'll switch if I have to.

Thanks

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
thats what i was told. i haven't modded my phone yet. im not completely sure how to do it all the way. someone told me if i was going to to use apptap because just like you said, ibrickr would send your phone into a restart loop.

any help on how to mod my phone? directions? hahaha. im new at this and i really don't want to brick my phone. how do you get custom icons? how do you even install apptapp onto your phone?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
thats what i was told. i haven't modded my phone yet. im not completely sure how to do it all the way. someone told me if i was going to to use apptap because just like you said, ibrickr would send your phone into a restart loop.

any help on how to mod my phone? directions? hahaha. im new at this and i really don't want to brick my phone. how do you get custom icons? how do you even install apptapp onto your phone?
Lol, it was your original post that got me worried.

I'm on a PC and I'm assuming you are if you were going to use iBrickr, otherwise Breezy on Mac. Anyway, AppTap is another way of jailbreaking, it's another all-in-one solution like iBrickr. The only reason I have a preference for iBrickr is because I also use it to transfer files to my iPhone to replace existing icons.

I will use AppTap undoubtedly, but I just wanted to hear from some people who have used it most recently after the iTunes update.

This is from the app tap homepage:

NOTICE for version 2.4: If you find that the install hangs, you may want to remove the iPhone from the Dock and reinsert it. This occurs because iTunes sometimes interferes with the operation. This issue has been fixed in the new 3.0 installer for iTunes 7.4.

Windows Downloads (for firmware 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2)

All iTunes versions: Download v0.9
Please join #installer.app on irc.undernet.org if you have any problems. Thanks.

--------

http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This is a quick fix, if you go to the ibrickr website he tells you what file you need to be able to use it with 7.. Goggle that file and you find the first find to be a link to this site and a download for the file drop it in the ibrickr folder. Now it will work. I have 7.4 and I just got my iPhone this week.

Happy modding.