New iTunes/iPod user

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Alright, so before getting the iPhone, I've never been an iPod user, or an Apple user at all for that matter.

In preparation of receiving my shiny new iPhone I've taken the plunge into downloading iTunes. It's been everything I've feared it to be: clunky, slow, unintuitive, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to overtly bash and flame iTunes, just hoping to get some insight into its finer workings. And I am fully quivering with anticipation at having my iPhone, so I'm completely willing to work with iTunes. That's where I'm hoping you other iPod enthusiasts can come to my rescue.

Maybe you could shed some insight to me, and other new iTunes user that might be browsing these forums. My main question at the moment is, is there any way go into the Import file browser on iTunes and import multiple songs/albums at once at my choosing? I don't want to use the automatic search as it pulls in everything on my computer, and I don't want that. So far all I've been able to find only lets me bring in one specific song at a time.

Any help and further tips would be immensely appreciated, and my thanks in advance. Also, sorry if there's been a topic like this before. :cool:

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I am also a new iTunes user wondering the same thing. I, however, made the mistake of importing everything from my cpu into iTunes. how do i clear out miLibrary (haha) and start over?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
YES! Just drag and drop. Lets say you have 3 songs on your desktop, CLICK Drag the "rectangle" the mouse creates over the 3 and they will turn BLUE. Press and hold the mouse button and drag them into your iTunes library.