New jailbroken iPhone problem!

bassist22

May 26, 2008
i bought my new iPhone which was already jailbroken like a couple of weeks ago...it was working perfectly until installer got a new update and from there on, its started acting weird, most of the times when i open installer it just stays blank until it goese into sleep mode or just gets stuck so i have to restart it....i tried removing nearly all of the application most of my resources i even reset the setting a couple of times...it also goese into sleep mode at the most random times.....so i just wanted to kno if i connect it to iTunes and restore it from there would my phone get locked? or should i do it?:oops:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First try downloading iDemocracy here. Once you have it, open it, and find the Modifications portion of the application. Then connect your iPhone to your computer. Now, select 'Fix Installer.app' in the Modifications area. This process will (should) fix Installer and then reboot your iPhone. After this, try to use Installer.

If it still does not work, then yes, Restore in iTunes - it will not lock or 'brick' your iPhone. After that, you can jailbreak the iPhone again.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
John covered you pretty well. If you need to go the rout of restoring and then jailbreaking again. I'd just suggest and remind you to set it up as a new phone, rather then restoring from backup. When i had problems with my jailbroken phone, it was usually because i restored it from a previous backup. I'd now want to remind you that when you set it up as a new phone, you lose all your data, so make sure you have your music, contacts, photos etc... stored on their respective programs (addressbook or the equivalent pc program for example). You'll lose your texts, so if that stuff is very important to you then you can try restoring from backup first.

bassist22

May 26, 2008
another prob!

yeah customize is working all is good but now since i just chnaged the sounds of the unlock and lock from cuztomize i noticed that i cant change my wallpaper unless i completely remove it, its the same wallpaper i had when i first used customize and now i cant remove it even if i delete customize same thing anyway of reseting everything or restoring it because i miss the original iPhone i regret having customize!

strydi

Jul 6, 2007
I also had to do a restore because of some error. once i re-jailbroke it, my Yahoo Push mail quit working. I can sync any pop account, including the same Yahoo, but i get an error stating i have entered wrong user and/or password when i try to re-add any yahoo account.

bassist22

May 26, 2008
am justwondering if I erase all content from the iPhone settings would this remove the installer application, because I dnt really now how to jailbreak since the shops bought it from doese it for me...

Patolqa

Nov 21, 2008
cydia and safari not loading

Hi. I got my iPhone jailbroken the other day and everything went so well. All worked fine until yesterday. I tried going into cydia and it didn't want to load. Cannot load safari, can not download anything...Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to restore ? :(