New JB...Help!

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Well i just JB'd my Phone on 2.2.1 and I've been out of the JB scene for a long time some of you might remember my theme redCarbon well that was the last time i was JB'd lol so its been a while... Things seem to be a lot different and a lot more complicated(to me atleast) I'm looking to create a New theme and add some of the sweet mods i've seen in the Screenshots thread...Where do i start? there seems to be so much going on and so many apps that do the same thing and repo's that don't work etc etc i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to compile a list of must haves for theming or any other Apps you would recommend to someone who is just now jumping on the wagon...Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
SMB is dead. Everything is Winterboard now. Here's a good starting point:

Check that out then come back with specific questions. There's just too much to cover with an open-ended question ;)

Good to see you around again :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Keep in mind, that guide is a bit old at this point, and there may be further developements on the Winterboard scene. In fact, I know there are, as evidenced by our own Lincoln's lock screen widgets (now available in Cydia)

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ternative-to-intelliscreen-updated-2-6.33409/

As you can see from that thread, Winterboard is pretty powerful stuff with a lot of potential if you want to get down and dirty. I never got that heavy into theming, and right now I'm stock, so that's about as much as I have to offer here