New Leopard Update for The Mac!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just a note for all the Macbook folks. There is a new update out for Leopard which carries some improvements for the Mac. This may also effect those who sync the iPhone with the Mac. Just FYI! A great improvement for the Macworld. Hopefully we will see another iPhone update soon..

Here is the Link:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307109
So has anyone noticed any major changes with the 10.5.2 update?

Also, what was the graphics update for? Apple wasn't exactly forthcoming on the details for it.

I have noticed on the display settings there are a couple more options for your LCD configurations that weren't there previously.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Quite a few things I've noticed (I've been using Leopard since October):

Stacks now have Folder and List view option as well as new background.
You can disable the menubar's transparency. (I like it.)
Several bugs I was having are gone.
Menu bar icon for Time Machine. (Very helpful)
Adds an application to the Utilities folder that lets you install Mac OS X on your MacBook Air.

It's not a new OS version, but it's very helpful.

- John

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I'm updating my MacBook Pro right now. Looking forward to the improvements in Stacks...among other things. If all goes well, I'll update my girl's MacBook tonight.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
My World of Warcraft framerate increased significantly. I'm hovering around 60 frames per second, which looks great compared to my previous 40 fps.

Safari seems to be a tad more reliable for me, it was choking up quite frequently on sites with a lot of flash banners like Tuaw and Kotaku. My Safari would just quit, now I get the rainbow spinner for a second and then everything goes back to normal once the page is parsed.

As an owner of a previously "freezy" iMac 24" Aluminum model, I am extremely pleased with these updates. I thought my Maccy was perfect a day ago, now its even "perfecter" after the patch.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
If anyone else like me was having issues with wireless after the 10.5.2 update and is using a draft-n wireless router, drop your router back to wireless-G 54mbps and it seems to cut out the issue of your wireless connection dropping. hopefully the next update will fix this. Sucks to have a wireless N router and not be able to take advantage of it.