New Life for Apple iPhone Ear Buds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Peeps,

I absolutely cannot stand the Apple Ear Buds. They simply suck. Whom ever designed these things - they should be dragged from their home, into the street, and beaten to death. Ok, now that I have that off my chest....

I was in MicroCenter...the Walmart for Geeks, in Columbus OH, and while cruising their Apple section I gazed upon these odd items in the ear-phone section. I searched online but couldn't find them....these are clip on adapters which cover the ear bud face and add those wonder rubber stoppers modern 3rd parth buds have. Amazingly they actually improved the sound quality. Comfort was improved a bah-jillion percent.

Also while slumming through eBay I found an adapter which makes ANY headset compatible with the iPhone, adding a clicker with built-in Mic. If I ever get them from China is another story.

Hugs and Kisses....

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
Peeps,

I absolutely cannot stand the Apple Ear Buds. They simply suck. Whom ever designed these things - they should be dragged from their home, into the street, and beaten to death. Ok, now that I have that off my chest....

I was in MicroCenter...the Walmart for Geeks, in Columbus OH, and while cruising their Apple section I gazed upon these odd items in the ear-phone section. I searched online but couldn't find them....these are clip on adapters which cover the ear bud face and add those wonder rubber stoppers modern 3rd parth buds have. Amazingly they actually improved the sound quality. Comfort was improved a bah-jillion percent.

Also while slumming through eBay I found an adapter which makes ANY headset compatible with the iPhone, adding a clicker with built-in Mic. If I ever get them from China is another story.

Hugs and Kisses....
I agree 100% on the ear bud thingies. Bought some at Radio Shack for 17.99, what a difference in sound, I was shocked. Though I have some v-moda vibe duo's on the way, I'm happy having these as my back ups once those arrive. Sound improved a lot.

teknochild

Nov 3, 2007
Peeps,

jesus i could not agree more, first time i put them in my ear was a few days ago, i tossed them over my shoulder and grabbed my normal ones to use, the dam connector did not fit though, give us crappy ear buds and make normal connectors not fit? jerks

but i got out my dremel and took care of that no fitting problem (on the earbuds not the iPhone :cool:)

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
OK Lester56, I have been in to this exact Microcent many times. I used to work for their Corporate devision in Hillard 10 years ago. It's good to know other Buckeyes are on here and giving good advice. Now, if you still looking for an more permanent solution try the Ultimate Buds (Search) and you will see what I'm talking about.

Have fun and go Bucks!

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...shop_iPhone/iPhone_accessories&nplm=TP637LL/A

V-MODA's VIBE Duo headset is the ultimate in mobility, audio-enthusiast sound, and comfort. Featuring compatibility with iPhone and amazing high-definition sound, VIBE Duo's minimalist all-metal design integrates a discrete microphone that blends seamlessly with a durable black fabric cable and is remarkably lightweight. The microphone's convenient call/music control button can easily switch between chatting on the phone and listening to your music library.

The ergonomic design is complemented by the comfortable and stable fit of soft silicone fittings, making this headset/earphone well-suited for any active lifestyle. V-MODA's highly regarded V-MASQUE dynamic driver provides unparalleled clarity and high-definition sound for optimum communication capabilities and the ultimate music listening experience.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
My problem is that I have very small ear canals and the Apple earbud are a tad too large. So after about 20 minutes in my ear they start to hurt. I love my iPhone but absolutely HATE the earbud because they are so uncomfortable for me. Any suggestions for someone with small ears?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The Apple ones sound alright if you shove them in your ear enough to get proper bass response. The problem there is, as stated...they are big, and they hurt. I put some rubber surrounds on mine from another pair of buds, but am looking for some foam ones just to avoid the hard plastic ---> tender earskin thing.

Earbuds are fine for the beach, but when I'm listening at home, it's through an adapter into my Ultrasone HFI-700's!

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
jesus i could not agree more, first time i put them in my ear was a few days ago, i tossed them over my shoulder and grabbed my normal ones to use, the dam connector did not fit though, give us crappy ear buds and make normal connectors not fit? jerks

but i got out my dremel and took care of that no fitting problem (on the earbuds not the iPhone :cool:)
That's good, 'cause the third option was taking the Dremel to your ear...

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I agree 100% on the ear bud thingies. Bought some at Radio Shack for 17.99, what a difference in sound, I was shocked. Though I have some v-moda vibe duo's on the way, I'm happy having these as my back ups once those arrive. Sound improved a lot.
I bought the same ones from radioshack. Griffin makes them and I think they're called Earjams. They sound much, are more comfortable, and they don't keep falling out of my ears.

I had actually gone into the Apple store to get the Vibe duos but they were sold out. Now I can use that money to buy Leopard!

climr

Jul 31, 2007
It may not be a big help as far as money goes, but FWIW we've got a coupon available at www.ultimatebuds.com to celebrate the new website. We are also working on getting some new products together in the near future. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far on what you'd like to see.

The new Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi model is coming soon. It may be nearly impossible for us to get it, but if we can, we will offer it at the lowest price we are allowed to. It appears to be a single armature design, which I'm a little disappointed in, but I'm still sure they will sound great.

And for once, we actually have some UB7's in stock ready for immediate shipment!

We also have a few of the nice Monster cable adaptors that add a microphone/pushbutton to any headphones.

Oh ya, the coupon code is "newsite5"

Brad
Ultimate Buds
Bringing the iPhone the sound quality it deserves!