New lock screen camera icon

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Jdsmitty10, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Anyone else turning their camera on by accident with the new icon on the lock screen? I have a couple times when I pull my phone out to see the time and not hit the lock button to slide it back in my pocket while the screen is still lit but locked. I think I liked the double click to get the icon better.. I'm guessing there's no way to change this in settings is there?

2. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I haven't accidentally hit it yet but the option to disable it is a good idea though.

3. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

You know it's not really a button anymore, right? You have to place your finger on that icon and then swipe up. It swipes away the lock screen and reveals the camera interface.

I just tried tapping on it instead of swiping. The screen barely moved and did not take me to the camera interface. I'd think it's actually more difficult to accidentally swipe vertically at this exact spot than to tap the icon.

4. iphoneint

iphoneint Member
    Bronze

The OP does mention "I have a couple times when I pull my phone out to see the time and not hit the lock button to slide it back in my pocket while the screen is still lit but locked. " So it would appear to me that the act of putting the phone back into the pocket without locking the phone is causing the swipe as the screen is brushed into the pocket. I will also make the assumption that they put the screen inwards in the pocket for this to occur.

5. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

Still seems difficult, especially considering the iPhone isn't supposed to respond to brushing up against fabric.

Then again, that's a complaint I have recently. Seems like if I leave my phone unlocked with Messages open and stick it in my pocket, I take it back out and it has typed some nonsense. Knowing what's a finger and what's not has its positives and negatives, but especially for this reason, it's something I'm disappointed the iPhone isn't as good at anymore.

6. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I place my phone in my pocket front out and home button down. Before his update I never hit the lock button I top if te screen was locked. Now with the slide up feature of the camera when I carefuly slide my phone back I my pocket (caseless) my finger must slide on that camera icon. I think cause I'm so anal to make sure it gets in my pocket and not dropped to the floor is why my finger slides there. Oh well. I will get into the habit of hitting the lock button on top.