new Mac book owner...with questions?

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
I read some posts and im still confused. I have the 3G used with my PC. just bought my 1st mac book and im scared to connect the 3G cause i don't want to lose my numbers. i never synced them to the pc b/c they would always delete from my phone. so i had that option turned off....how should i sync the 3G to the Mac without losing any numbers?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I read some posts and im still confused. I have the 3G used with my PC. just bought my 1st mac book and im scared to connect the 3G cause i don't want to lose my numbers. i never synced them to the pc b/c they would always delete from my phone. so i had that option turned off....how should i sync the 3G to the Mac without losing any numbers?
What the heck do you mean by 'numbers'?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
is your phone set to sync with an exchange server? If it is, then you're out of luck. You will have to get Office for mac to get Entourage (email client) so it can sync with the exchange server to get your contacts.

If not, then the first time you sync on your macbook, iTunes will ask if you want to "merge" data between your iPhone and macbook. This will put all of the contacts, calendar info, and email settings onto your macbook.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
i haven't used exchange. never heard of that. so i don't think so. haha. ok thanks, ill try it tonight and cross my fingers!