New Mac for Macworld?

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Just read January 26-28 is the Mac conference. Anyone placing a bet that there will be a new Mac book air coming out? I am just really curious because I don't want to get a Mac book air and have a new one come out a couple weeks later. That would be a BIG fail lol. Any thoughts?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Just read January 26-28 is the Mac conference. Anyone placing a bet that there will be a new Mac book air coming out? I am just really curious because I don't want to get a Mac book air and have a new one come out a couple weeks later. That would be a BIG fail lol. Any thoughts?
They just redid the Macbook Airs this past year. I don't think they would redo them again. At least I hope not!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
They just redid the Macbook Airs this past year. I don't think they would redo them again. At least I hope not!
really? I had read an article that they redo them every 6 to 9 months? I never really paid attention to there refreshes?

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
An MBAir in 15" is highly probable. Also safe to say that the move of the MBP line to Intel Ivy Bridge is done deal.

If you look at biggest gripes concerning MBAir; storage; memory; and no dvd drive. 22nm Ivy Bridge may allow increase in storage and memory as well. 15" housing will create more "real estate" too. Next several months are going to be very interesting, and personally I would hold off purchasing.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
An MBAir in 15" is highly probable. Also safe to say that the move of the MBP line to Intel Ivy Bridge is done deal.

If you look at biggest gripes concerning MBAir; storage; memory; and no dvd drive. 22nm Ivy Bridge may allow increase in storage and memory as well. 15" housing will create more "real estate" too. Next several months are going to be very interesting, and personally I would hold off purchasing.
thank you. I am patiently waiting... Or is it impatiently waiting :)