New Mac user

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Hi all,

I just got my first Mac about 3 weeks ago. Man am I impressed! as many mac users, I'm a switcher. I had used pc's all my life. When I got my Mac I said to my friend, who has used Mac's forever, "where have I been? I should have gotten one of these things a long time ago!" He said, "you and the rest of the world.

I ended up getting one of the new Penryn 15" 2.4 GHZ models. I had the 200GB HDD upgraded to 7200 RPM. Then through my work I got a set of 4GB RAM for $92. This Mac flies! I love it. It's so easy to use. I also got a 1 year subscription to .mac I made a web site in less than 10 min. amazing!

Anyways, if you're reading this wondering if you should make the switch, my recommendation is a strong YES! You'll never look back.

enjoi

Sorry I just noticed after I submitted this thread, that it needs to be in the Macbook Pro Forum. Sorry for any confusion. Chris, can you please move this thread? Thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
congrads. i did the exact same thing.

what's your favorite thing so far?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Congrats! I've always been a Mac user but for one year with a PC, so I didn't get the whole 'John's been under a rock for too long' feeling, but all the same, Macs still rule.

I think we should start a thread to see how many people have been influenced to buy a Mac while at EIC.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think we should start a thread to see how many people have been influenced to buy a Mac while at EIC.
You can count me. Between the iPhone and EIC, I finally made the switch and got a MBP. I think I would have to give more weight to EIC than the phone for the switch though. Reading everyones comments about how seamless things work between the phone and a mac finally convinced me to become an Apple fan.
As OP stated, I too am a long time windows user and wish I had switched years ago.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Welcome folks, glad to have you. Got 23 years in myself and your words are no surprise. Just last night i was talking to my neighbor. He happened to see my iPhone on the steering wheel and asked for a demo. He's a long time BB user and PC for 20+ years.After seeing how easy and cool the iPhone worked and saying it seemed far better than BB, he asked if Macs were as easy and cool to sue as the iPhone. He said he was already pretty sure his next puter would be a Mac. I hear this more and more.

To me its kinda like retiring ot the South, not liking it and returning to the North -- just doesn't happen and not sure I've ever heard of someone switching back after coming to Mac -- still using some WIndows apps, sure.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Count me in the Switcher club as well. Also just purchased a Mac a few weeks ago, also *loving* it. I'd been considering for a while before the iPhone, but the iPhone and lots of good reports here helped make the final push ...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Welcome to the best gated community money can buy :)

I switched soon after getting my iPhone, the subliminal messages it was sending me to switch were pretty powerful.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
figures... iPhone can send subliminal messages, but not multimedia messages.

it all makes sense now.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I switched from a commodore 64. Best move ever!

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
After many problems with shipping I'm pleased to say this is my first post with my new Macbook! It is very different for me but I've only had the computer for 3 hours.