New MacBook Pro features Touch Bar with Touch ID

Nov 18, 2016
I badly want one but cannot justify the price. I watched Casey Neistat's review on YouTube and his was $3500 without even being specced out. The only tangible thing I'd be getting for that is a touch bar, which, as of now, doesn't seem all that revolutionary. The lack of ports would drive me bananas too. And why did they remove the light-up logo? WHY?!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I badly want one but cannot justify the price. I watched Casey Neistat's review on YouTube and his was $3500 without even being specced out. The only tangible thing I'd be getting for that is a touch bar, which, as of now, doesn't seem all that revolutionary. The lack of ports would drive me bananas too. And why did they remove the light-up logo? WHY?!
It is not all that revolutionary at all. I read an article that compared the Touch Bar to some old failed [stand-alone] keyboard either 10 or 15 years ago that had a similar setup. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the name of that keyboard now to share a link, but I will update this post if it comes to me.