new MacBook Pro model in late 2011?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
there was a lot of rumor going on about Apple possibly having a lightly updated pro at the end of Sept. no new updates have surfaced for a couple weeks now, wondering if its not going to happen at all, or is it just slightly quiet before its announced, any thoughts or any new updates recently? im holding back on buying the pro, in hopes of a new upgrade maybe?

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
there was a lot of rumor going on about Apple possibly having a lightly updated pro at the end of Sept. no new updates have surfaced for a couple weeks now, wondering if its not going to happen at all, or is it just slightly quiet before its announced, any thoughts or any new updates recently? im holding back on buying the pro, in hopes of a new upgrade maybe?
If Apple did update the Mbp line it would just be a spec bump. Nothing really big.
I have the current 2011 base model 15 mbp and it's more then sufficient while I use indesign. Illustrator photoshop and dreamweaver.

Bazini

Oct 21, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong , but there is a new model released MD318LL/A. The difference I see is that the new one is a 2.2 GHz from the previous model which was 2.0 GHz processor.
Agree disagree ? Any other changes ?

iosed

Nov 8, 2011
Berkely, MI
I just received my new mac book pro last week and Bazini is correct it does have an improved processor. I'm not too sure what else is different than the early 2011 models.

Bazini

Oct 21, 2011
I bought "last years" model at best buy for around $1600. $150 less than "new" ?
First MBP so won't notice any differences.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
The processor speed boost and increased hard drive space are the only differences, hardly noticeable if your looking at the previous model.

Oct 3, 2009
I read that they were going to release around march. It is being debated by the tech people what the new release actually is. A much thinner MBP with no optical drive or a different MBA. I hope a thinner MBP. I am due for an upgrade.