new MacBook pro,move iPhone to Mac intact

Jan 1, 2009
Hey everyone!im a newbie here and i got smg to ask!so i got my first ever macbook pro yesterday and i cant wait to get started!my iPhone 3g was previously sync to a pc +is also jailbroken.i got the music and playlists and photos all backed up but what do i do with the contacts?also,all my cydia apps?i thought of aptbackup but how will i like transfer the backup to the mac?i also want to upgrade my iPhone to 2 2!how do i go about this?thanks everyone!lily

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
a few different things to note here...

1) Your contacts will transfer from your phone to your macbook during the first sync with iTunes. Just make sure you select MERGE when iTunes asks you how you want the data handled between your iPhone and macbook.

2) I'm pretty sure in order to upgrade to iPhone software 2.2 you will have to restore your iPhone anyway. I would first make sure you get all of your contacts transferred ok, and then do this.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Hey I have the same issue I've had my MacBook since November and I haven't synced my phone yet for the same reasons... Where exactly is the merge option? I'm hoping to finally update and jailbreak 2.2 tonight. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Also my Macbook is updated to the 10.5.6 soo I've heard of the issues with that as well.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there is no merge "option" per se. iTunes will prompt you to do that when you sync with a new computer for the first time.

anyway, i've been using 10.5.6 with no problems since it was released.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
ok I'm past the point of first sync is there any way now to merge?

When I mentioned using 10.5.6 I was referring to using it to jailbreak and issue with dfu mode

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no, there is no way to merge now. What you will have to do is re-sync with your old computer, and then sync with your new macbook again (this time choosing to merge the data).