new MacBook pro user

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i've had mine for about a month now and i don't know how i ever got along without it. i love Apple, i have an iPhone too, and this thing is simply awesome. i find out new stuff every day that it can do. if anyone has any tips, cool info, or anything at all feel free to let me know. i'm sure there is a ton i'm missing.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
i've had mine for about a month now and i don't know how i ever got along without it. i love Apple, i have an iPhone too, and this thing is simply awesome. i find out new stuff every day that it can do. if anyone has any tips, cool info, or anything at all feel free to let me know. i'm sure there is a ton i'm missing.
I'm very glad you got a Macbook Pro. :)

I'm not sure what kind of response you'll get to a thread like this, but some advice will be to use the power of the internet to find forums like Macrumors.com, Paralells.com, mac-forums.com, etc. Even Ripdifferent.com. I've found those forums extremely helpful in getting acclimated to my Mac.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
awesome, thanks man i appreciate the info

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
on of my favorite Tip sites is Apple's itself

http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/

There are others like this at various other forum and Apple Sites like MacWorld.

I'm into my 21st year with Macs and just got a MBP myself and just lovin it. Really have gotten into video chat more than ever before. And despite the 21 years I stil pick up pearls from that Apple tip site.

One of my best pieces of advice to new folks is just explore and try menu stuff and preferences etc.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
wow, that looks like a ton of good info to sift through.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
on of my favorite Tip sites is Apple's itself

http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/

There are others like this at various other forum and Apple Sites like MacWorld.

I'm into my 21st year with Macs and just got a MBP myself and just lovin it. Really have gotten into video chat more than ever before. And despite the 21 years I stil pick up pearls from that Apple tip site.

One of my best pieces of advice to new folks is just explore and try menu stuff and preferences etc.
WOW. Thanks, man.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
omg, i just discovered webclips (i use Firefox). I made one with Pandora.com, and i let the audio just play. woohoo! no more wasting a browser tab to keep pandora open.

macs are just full of surprises.