New MacBooks Releasing October 14th

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I am still loving my MBA and don't see any changes coming for it for another few months at least but my roommate is extremely excited. She really wanted the black MB but now I think she's bent on getting one with the new aluminum casing. I still wouldn't mind a black MB as I think they are very svelte.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I am really hoping the MBA gets an update, too. I know a lot of folks don't think it's likely, but they could at least put the 120GB hard drive from the iPod Classic in there since it will fit!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I can't wait till they update the MB. Especially if it changes to aluminum, but either way I won't be getting one till at least Christmas (probably later)

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
im gonna get mine as soon as they drop. anyone have an idea on the prices?

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
So it's for sure that the new MacBooks are comin. I had been reading and hearing things. Has anybody heard anything else about them besides being aluminum casing.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well doesn't Apple usually just drop the new models into the same prices of the "older" models. I was in the Apple dealer yesterday and was real close to picking up a MacBook but I was thinking that they are going to update pretty quick so I'm going to wait and see. Is there a long wait to get the new MacBook?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I was in the Apple dealer yesterday and was real close to picking up a MacBook but I was thinking that they are going to update pretty quick so I'm going to wait and see. Is there a long wait to get the new MacBook?
There won't be any lines like for the phone. But you did pick a good time to buy. You now have 2 choices. You can get one of the newer ones, or you should be seeing sales pretty soon on the older models. I don't think Apple ever puts them on sale, but a lot of other places do, like Best Buy or numerous online retailers.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
dturner
That's what I was thinking. I live in a smaller town and we don't have an Apple store anywhere around me. I spoke to the guy severel times and that's what made me decide to wait. If I think the new upgrades are significant enough then I will buy a new model if they are just minor I will get the current 2.4 Ghz model for a decent price. Have we heard about any performance upgrades?

gosh i want a new macbook! my toshiba is dying on me! i get my calgrant on october 14th too! like you said kenneth, if there is no major upgrade to the macbook, i will be buying the older model... i was real close to buying a refurbed macbook too... hey or if they come out with an itablet lol ima get that one! :laugh2:

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
tablet FTW!

I have been watching MacBook videos and reveiws all day. I want one bad LOL. This isn't good for my pocket book.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I was just on macrumors and they showed the official invitation for the event in the 4th. It said "the spotlight is now on notebooks" and it had a picture that was exactly what the quote said. I think it looks really cool, and they also had a story that the rumored price drop would be from $1099 to $800 instead of $999

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Sucks that they didn't make the new Aluminum Macbook $999 ... It's like they added a new "Macbook Aluminum" line and left the plastic ones available. Or perhaps this is a inventory control issue with the economy performing the way it is.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
They look really nice but aluminum gets so hot! My macbook pro gets insanely hot after about an hour of use. They should have make the macbook air like the other macbooks with the black border on the screen.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The fact that the aluminum gets hot means that it's getting cooler on the inside. ;) the plastic cased Macbooks stayed hotter on the inside, which decreased their performance and lifespan

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
The fact that the aluminum gets hot means that it's getting cooler on the inside. ;) the plastic cased Macbooks stayed hotter on the inside, which decreased their performance and lifespan
Interesting, I never knew that. :p

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
MacBooks appear to be the best part of today's announcement. You get MacBook Pro features at MacBook prices. I think it'll definitely cut into the Pro sales.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no, they thought of that chris, that is why they left out the firewire port, people want that, i hate that they got rid of the firewire 400 that is what i use to transfer video. even the simple home video makers will not be able to plug in their video cameras and use imovie with the new, USB ONLY macbooks....