new MacBooks to come

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I knew this would happen. Maybe hubby wants my MacBook I got this past March so that I can get a new one?

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I think I will stick with the current MBP even though my purchasing time is right around the projected release date of the rumored updated MacBooks. I expect quite a few bugs if Apple is to go all out and make some drastic updates.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think I will stick with the current MBP even though my purchasing time is right around the projected release date of the rumored updated MacBooks. I expect quite a few bugs if Apple is to go all out and make some drastic updates.
ohhh. You are just trying to make me feel better! :p

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
damn so that means september new macs will come?

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
^then i think i will hold off my purchase. i was going to get a macbook next month..august that is

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
^then i think i will hold off my purchase. i was going to get a macbook next month..august that is
There should be some more hot rumors over the next month if it is close to being true. I just got MacBook after a processor upgrade. I wanted to wait to see if they would come out with a MacBook with the multitouch pad, but they had just come out with the Air.

I love my MacBook, so I am not sad that I bought it. I just want the newest one, and that is not cost effective! lol!

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
ohhh. You are just trying to make me feel better! :p
I am making myself feel better too:p I am trying to look at the positives.

The thing is:

1- I will have the money around the projected release date of the new models.

2- I can choose between the current or newer ones with a possible discount on the older ones.

3- It will take a year to work out the kinks in the new model like it has been for almost every other Apple computer.

Again, think positive;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Heh, of course. Got my MacBook in June.

I won't upgrade, at least not immediately. My black MacBook is quite beautiful already and it performs exactly as I need it to.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Or maybe they're "strongly suggesting" they stock up for back to school promotions. This week at best buy, we're having our annual "tax exempt" weekend for back to school, and we expect to sell a LOT of macbooks... Apple is doing similar promotions too. And it's not just this weekend. In the next four weeks there are gonne be a ton of macbooks moved for back-to-school.

doesn't mean anything in my book.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I only have enought cash for the low end MBP ATM. Would saving up for the mid be worth it? Could .1 more GHz make a difference? Is the vRam in the MBP replaceable? I can easily change my hard drive for cheaper and more qaulity storage.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the vRAM is not upgradeable... i play a few games on mine, so i opted for the upgraded version. depends on what you're gonna be doin with it really...

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
So that means te video card is not upgradeable?:( I would like to game, but not a lot. Well, I was goin to stick with a low-end Macbook! I am pretty sure the low-end MBP would deliver while gaming?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I would expect that these macbooks would be running Snow Leopard, which means they would have fewer bugs than existing OS X

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I don't get the catch of having a glass trackpad unless that means an extra screen which I highly doubt. Even if it was only for design, the prices would be higher. I am just going to get a current gen MBP. I will probably buy Snow Leapord(new release or update?).

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Does anyone think that the "new" Macbooks will see an increase in price or color changes:eek:
-Cause I've wanted the white Macbook so it could match the white iPhone, and if I remember correctly the cheapest Macbook-that being white- is/was like 1000+ dollars which is an awesome price for a guy on minimum wage;)

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I'm sure they will be more expensive, but I think they will have the same price. I don't mind as much, because I think I will end up with a MacBook for my grad gift (plus it will come with free iPod, which I can sell).

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would expect that these macbooks would be running Snow Leopard, which means they would have fewer bugs than existing OS X
They won't be running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) if they're released this year or a good part of next year. Snow Leopard is not even near being fully developed yet.