New Maps Feature.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Haven't seen this discussed, and thought this was pretty cool.

In Maps, in the Directions tab, there is now the option to get car directions, bus directions, and walking directions.

Billybobvi

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
Not receiving shared location

Hi guys and gals.
I'm a newbie to the iPhone and have a question about the map feature. I went to share my location from the map and filled in the email address for it to send it to but the only problem the email address never receives it. Is there something wrong with this feature or i'm i not doing something right. I have updated my iPhone to version 2.2 and have turned it off and restarted it.
Thanks in advance,
Billy

Billybobvi

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
right after I sent this post, I heard the mail being sent from the iPhone. A few seconds later the email address received it. it just takes a while.

Thanks again.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I read about the walking direction on the Apple site but bus directions seems cool. Does it tell you the bus schedule or something? That would be pretty awesome.

I still need to upgrade.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oops. I didn't even notice I posted this in the wrong section. :eek:

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I read about the walking direction on the Apple site but bus directions seems cool. Does it tell you the bus schedule or something? That would be pretty awesome.

I still need to upgrade.
Well, I'll use an example:

Tomorrow, I'm going to visit Verizon Wireless to check out the BB Storm. I typed in Verizon Wireless into maps to get the nearest one. I hit the directions button, route button and hit the bus button. When I click on start, it tells me how to walk to the bus stop, then it says to catch the #1 bus heading toward Kahala Mall. It then tells me which stop to get off and walk to my destination.

I like it. I'm glad it works in Hawaii. Unlike Google Street View.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey

I still need to upgrade.
Yup. No only does it tell you the bus schedule, but if you want to get directions, for example, which require mutiple modes of transportation, (Bus to a Train, etc), it plans the whole trip for you. It also has a little button that allows you to see the whole schedule for a particular train. So if you are hanging out and want to see when you can catch the train (maybe in an hour or so), it will show you the schedule.

I have used this once going into philly from jersey and it worked like a charm.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Yup. No only does it tell you the bus schedule, but if you want to get directions, for example, which require mutiple modes of transportation, (Bus to a Train, etc), it plans the whole trip for you. It also has a little button that allows you to see the whole schedule for a particular train. So if you are hanging out and want to see when you can catch the train (maybe in an hour or so), it will show you the schedule.

I have used this once going into philly from jersey and it worked like a charm.
South Jersey, eh? I know a bunch of people from there. Medford and Mt. Laurel.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
South Jersey, eh? I know a bunch of people from there. Medford and Mt. Laurel.

Yup I am from Voorhees (20 min from there) and I work in Camden (10 min).

Not a bad place to be (30 min from AC, 20 min into Philly, A couple hours to NY)

iPhone is definitely helping in the travel department