New Mass. school food rules ban sweet snacks

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I enjoyed an occasional candy bar and soda from the vending machine when I was in school. Of course, very few kids were overweight back then. We rode our bikes to school and played outside all day and burned off those extra calories.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Schools need to take their responsibility and someone should tell them too. My biggest question as always been why aren't those meals cooked fresh? Why canned food? i know that this is more of what's around school hallways and not the cafeteria, but even so why isn't anybody holding schools accountable for child obesity. Yes it starts at home too, some parents do little to nothing to help, but with all the crap they feed this kids no wonder 12 year olds look like they are on steroids.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Schools need to take their responsibility and someone should tell them too. My biggest question as always been why aren't those meals cooked fresh? Why canned food? i know that this is more of what's around school hallways and not the cafeteria, but even so why isn't anybody holding schools accountable for child obesity. Yes it starts at home too, some parents do little to nothing to help, but with all the crap they feed this kids no wonder 12 year olds look like they are on steroids.
My schools food is brought in from somewhere. All canned and frozen, all they do is keep it warm. Our schools has no candy bars, vending machines, soda or milkshakes. It has some salads, on hot lunch there always some fruit or vegi. Ala carte has salads, energy drinks, the usual hot items, 100 cal snack packs, jerky, a few kid energy drinks, gatorade, krispie treats, ice-cream, veggie packs, Chips and a few other items. But I also think it's BS for mcdonalds getting Sued for serving a toy with not healthy foods. 1 word from parents: NO!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4