New Member (michigan) with questions!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daveh98

Jun 27, 2007
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here with questions. I am in Troy Michigan and plan on getting the phone at Somerset mall in Michigan (in case anyone else from the area is familiar). My first question is that if I buy the phone and then go home (what i plan to do) to activate; what happens to my current razor phone with att/cingular? Does the activation automatically make my razor not usable? I hope so.

Secondly, are there educated guesses as to what time I would have to get to an official Apple store to purchase one? I see no mention of an inventory per store which is pretty rare for a product release so soon.

Finally, will I be able to transfer shows and movies that have not been bought from Apple store?

thanks everyone; great site!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here with questions. I am in Troy Michigan and plan on getting the phone at Somerset mall in Michigan (in case anyone else from the area is familiar). My first question is that if I buy the phone and then go home (what i plan to do) to activate; what happens to my current razor phone with att/cingular? Does the activation automatically make my razor not usable? I hope so.

Secondly, are there educated guesses as to what time I would have to get to an official Apple store to purchase one? I see no mention of an inventory per store which is pretty rare for a product release so soon.

Finally, will I be able to transfer shows and movies that have not been bought from Apple store?

thanks everyone; great site!
welcome to EI!

Yes. Once you activate your iPhone, the sim in the old RAZR will be deactivated. When you power it on after activating the iPhone, you will get an "Unregistered SIM" error message on the carrier alpha tag location that used to read Cingular or At&t (just above the date).

Apple will probably have the most inventory that's for sure. But they also will be the most crowded. If you think you can get in a corporate At&t store relatively early on Friday afternoon, you might be able to get one. Chances are they won't have but 24 - 36 iPhones on hand. they'll be doing online orders for you right there though and will ship it directly to your home from the warehouse when they're available.

There are software programs that will convert DVD movies to play on iTunes. Try the Apple.com/iTunes support links. The discussion forums are very helpful for questions like that. Those guys are the experts and can tell you whether you should pay for a software to convert the movies are just download a free program. I personally think you get what you pay for, so the premium software tend to be the best IMHO.

REad this link to answer all your questions about the iPhone:

At&t iPhone FAQ

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Well, you old SIM is deactivated. It is unknown at this time if the iPhone uses a standard SIM. If it does, the you will be able to take the SIM out of the iPhone and use it in your RAZR if you want.