new message alert tone volume.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jennaftw

Oct 29, 2007
Portland, OR
myspace.com
i'm sorry if there's already been about a gazillion posts about this but i tried searching first and have only found people that are trying to make the alert LOUDER and i'm actually trying to make it quieter, believe it or not. lol.

i work in a law office and it's totally cool if i'm on my phone and texting and the office isn't like super quiet or anything but i feel really awkward with it going off as loud and often as it does so i usually just put it on silent but i'd like to have some noise...

i read somewhere where someone was saying that the ringer volume and the message alert volume are the same but they're not. i turn the ringer all the way down as quiet as possible and the alert tone is still loud as ever.

can anyone help?
thanks so much.
i just bought this phone yesterday and quite honestly i'm not too happy with it. :/ i miss my blackberry but i'm hoping maybe something will make me come around on this one.

thanks again.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
i'm sorry if there's already been about a gazillion posts about this but i tried searching first and have only found people that are trying to make the alert LOUDER and i'm actually trying to make it quieter, believe it or not. lol.

i work in a law office and it's totally cool if i'm on my phone and texting and the office isn't like super quiet or anything but i feel really awkward with it going off as loud and often as it does so i usually just put it on silent but i'd like to have some noise...

i read somewhere where someone was saying that the ringer volume and the message alert volume are the same but they're not. i turn the ringer all the way down as quiet as possible and the alert tone is still loud as ever.

can anyone help?
thanks so much.
i just bought this phone yesterday and quite honestly i'm not too happy with it. :/ i miss my blackberry but i'm hoping maybe something will make me come around on this one.

thanks again.

im not sure if the new firmware have an option for this but what im doing is i downloaded the program customize v1.13, downloaded the sounds pack and u can have a good choice of a discreet sounds for that.

im a user of windows mobile before, i love it specially when i got the ATOM XDA pure then updated with WM6 through modified ROM. when i bought this iPhone i missed most of the program of atom yet i really enjoying the internet wifi,graphics & ipod feature of this. during that time, ATOM has a little edge for iPhone. but after getting a simple way of installing program & having good games like nintendo game that i missed, NOW I LOVE MY iPhone. themes also can also changed with the help of Iswticher program.

visit this PXL file expository site and download and read about ibrickr first. also there on the top of the page

hope to love your iPhone after learning this to install.

http://iPhone.exploit.org/pxl/

jennaftw

Oct 29, 2007
Portland, OR
myspace.com
hm... i'll play around with that a little when i get home (i'm at work, atm). i've noticed some other people talking about that software.

unfortunately, i have a pc so finding things that are compatible have been kind of difficult for some reason?
maybe i'm looking in the wrong places.

ergh, this phone is just getting way ridiculous. it was supposed to be so cool and it's just a pain in the but to get the simplest things done. ugh! oh well. i'll get the hang of it, i suppose.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
hm... i'll play around with that a little when i get home (i'm at work, atm). i've noticed some other people talking about that software.

unfortunately, i have a pc so finding things that are compatible have been kind of difficult for some reason?
maybe i'm looking in the wrong places.

ergh, this phone is just getting way ridiculous. it was supposed to be so cool and it's just a pain in the but to get the simplest things done. ugh! oh well. i'll get the hang of it, i suppose.

one more thing bro.. use now ibrick v.91 go to sounds then click out the new message (alert) u can change also the sounds. hopefully u have a good wav or mp3 file for phone.
---don't forget to click the thanks button if u like my advice---

chodi

Oct 30, 2007
one more thing bro.. use now ibrick v.91 go to sounds then click out the new message (alert) u can change also the sounds. hopefully u have a good wav or mp3 file for phone.
---don't forget to click the thanks button if u like my advice---
I was also able to use this approach to change the message vibration which was more important then the sounds to me. The brief burp vibe is not nearly enough for me. I went to system/library/frameworks/celestial.frameworks and found the file for the vibe. Modifyting that file and replacing it with ibricker allows my phone to vibrate four times on each alert. Solved a big problem for me that was making the phone unusable. Try this link :
http://unlockitfree.com/forum/index.php/topic,38.0.htmlusable.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I was also able to use this approach to change the message vibration which was more important then the sounds to me. The brief burp vibe is not nearly enough for me. I went to system/library/frameworks/celestial.frameworks and found the file for the vibe. Modifyting that file and replacing it with ibricker allows my phone to vibrate four times on each alert. Solved a big problem for me that was making the phone unusable. Try this link :
http://unlockitfree.com/forum/index.php/topic,38.0.htmlusable.
wow! Super cool! First time I've seen this...