New Model, New Look?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Its looks just like a regular 8gb iPhone...just with a glossy black cover...lol

It's just someones iPhone they posted because its shiny.

" These 'leaked' photos rarely turn out to be legitimate, but has already generated a lengthy debate in our forums. Due to the attention it has received, we are posting this for interest alone, and do not necessarily believe it represents a true leak."

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Its looks just like a regular 8gb iPhone...just with a glossy black cover...lol

It's just someones iPhone they posted because its shiny.

" These 'leaked' photos rarely turn out to be legitimate, but has already generated a lengthy debate in our forums. Due to the attention it has received, we are posting this for interest alone, and do not necessarily believe it represents a true leak."
yes, I believe it's crap too but still looks nice, except fot the 8gb. You think they'd scrap the 8gb for a 16 and 32gb version. I mean if your gonna post fake pics do it right, ya know?:p

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
Until Apple announces the new products we can only guess as to what they will do, with that said, I bet 8GB will be dumped and 16GB will be the new base as flash memory slowly comes down in price. I see a day when these I phones have 80GB and be under$400.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
just looks like a normal iPhone that has been pimped up by colorware to me with a decent photoshop job to cover up the plastic antenna cover to make it look glossy.

no news here.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
just looks like a normal iPhone that has been pimped up by colorware to me with a decent photoshop job to cover up the plastic antenna cover to make it look glossy.

no news here.
Nice new avatar, much better than the rotting dog.;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
This just posted over at macrumors by a member named "XwiredTVA". I have no idea where the hell he's getting his sources but they sound good to me!

"the iPhone is going to get a 3G version. Along with a CPU upgrade (current ARM CPU is no longer being produced).

Based on what the suppliers are showing and producing in large enough numbers this could very likely be the new model. The back has a buldge, but the sides are thinner. What worries me about it being a photochop though is the camera is angled slightly (at least from the pic). The battery capacity is supposed to be double, the screen is up .4" in size, and the CPU is pumped up however which one, dunno yet but Intel's making 3 that would fit the bill. Doesn't matter though any one of them would give it 30-80% more processing power.

The glass has been reworked as well, for what I don't know. Again this is merely based on Suppliers and their 1st qtr results, 2nd quarter projections as well as what they currently producing VS. what they were.

I took my iPhone case and put a bulge in the back of it using a folded up piece of paper. Everything fit and didn't make it any worse (silicone case, leather case and neoprene case) so no need to rework cases at this point and if the sides are slimmer it should definitely fit well.

We all know it's coming. And we all know it's going to need a bigger battery to support 3G (that was the #1 reason it never shipped with it-at least that's what they tell us).

Gloss Black powder coated or ANODIZED aluminum won't scratch as easily as you think.

Is it the real deal? Only time will tell but whoever did it thought of almost everything... Camera could be the tell in the photo though."

Allllrighty then! LoL:p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I asked XwiredTVA to give me his sources for this info and here's his reply:

"Sources? Just watch CNBC/Bloomsburg.
CEO Of National Semi Conductor was on earlier this week talking about the new glass and touchscreens for Apple and that they were .4" larger but used less power...

Intel's CEO stated the NEW mobile chipsets currently in production phasing out the current ARM CPU's are 30-80% faster and use less power.

Bigger battery, no brainer here. The current one is weaker than my PII thinkpad. And if your going to run 3G you NEED more POWER.

Everything else is just taken stock, same way... Um... Analyst's do their jobs... Shhh...

Also there's a HINGE on the bottom of this phone in the picture. This may indeed be the iPhone Mini's... Maybe. Left and right side show equal hinge type mechanicals."

:laugh2:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
This just posted over at macrumors by a member named "XwiredTVA". I have no idea where the hell he's getting his sources but they sound good to me!

"the iPhone is going to get a 3G version. Along with a CPU upgrade (current ARM CPU is no longer being produced).

Based on what the suppliers are showing and producing in large enough numbers this could very likely be the new model. The back has a buldge, but the sides are thinner. What worries me about it being a photochop though is the camera is angled slightly (at least from the pic). The battery capacity is supposed to be double, the screen is up .4" in size, and the CPU is pumped up however which one, dunno yet but Intel's making 3 that would fit the bill. Doesn't matter though any one of them would give it 30-80% more processing power.

The glass has been reworked as well, for what I don't know. Again this is merely based on Suppliers and their 1st qtr results, 2nd quarter projections as well as what they currently producing VS. what they were.

I took my iPhone case and put a bulge in the back of it using a folded up piece of paper. Everything fit and didn't make it any worse (silicone case, leather case and neoprene case) so no need to rework cases at this point and if the sides are slimmer it should definitely fit well.

We all know it's coming. And we all know it's going to need a bigger battery to support 3G (that was the #1 reason it never shipped with it-at least that's what they tell us).

Gloss Black powder coated or ANODIZED aluminum won't scratch as easily as you think.

Is it the real deal? Only time will tell but whoever did it thought of almost everything... Camera could be the tell in the photo though."

Allllrighty then! LoL:p
Keep us up to date! For those of us that keep their iPhones in our pants pockets, what impact will that bulge have?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Keep us up to date! For those of us that keep their iPhones in our pants pockets, what impact will that bulge have?
You'll appear to be a little happier to see everyone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What's nice is this: In the words of David Pogue (I think), the current iPhone is but the ghost of iPhones yet to come. The first iPod was butt ugly, but back then, people thought it was beautiful - now look at the Touch.

- John

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
That is what I wanted the iPhone to look like in the first place. I really hope this is real. It looks so much better in full black than silver w/ black antenna cover. I really hope they redesign or totally do away with the chrome bezel. Even if this isn't the actual new iPhone the new iPhone will probably show up in the next couple of months so I had to sell mine yesterday. I really hope this is the real deal, so much nicer!:laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

i'd rather have a fully silver model. black is so 2 decades ago. actually, i'd really like some sort of clearcoat but then it'd get scratched. I know! it could be made of DIAMONDS! lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, assuming that it's real, i'd like to know the material... if it's just a plastic casing... ick.

i really like the brushed aluminum look... it has proven to be a rather durable material... the back of mine still looks brand-new after 6+ months of use. I'm not so sure a glossy-black would...

the new specs do sound very tempting... i may just have to upgrade...

H

Hayesimus

i'm wondering if we could perhaps transplant a case?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
well obviously if any technology company's stock goes up in price, its going into the iPhone. If Microsoft's stock tripled obviously they are making an iPhonezunenanoextreme!