New Monitor Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by bballrob, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Well, my way old, outdated view sonic monitor I've been using with my Mac mini has died. So I'm suddenly in the market for a new monitor. Any recommendations? I'm not willing to drop $1K on the apple 27" Thunderbolt Display. Today(Saturday) I'll be traveling to the big city that has an Apple Store, best buy, target, Walmart, etc. so any overnight recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I looked a little bit online and can't decide if I'd rather get an actual monitor or go with some smaller HDTV. (Like 27 inches or less, 32 at the most.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

How high of a resolution do you need to get from this monitor you seek? Would you be satisfied with 1920x1080 at a refresh rate of 60 Hertz? If so, read on.

The Compaq Q2159 21.5" monitor has served me faithfully for at least five years as a secondary monitor for my iMac. Yes, I do give it light usage. But I'm telling you, it's been rock-solid and can highly recommend it.

Here are the full specs.

Link to the product page at Amazon.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yes, I think I'd be fine with something along those lines

Hoping to keep it in the 200-300 dollar Range.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Because of space restrictions, I opted for a 28" television and use the TV's VGA input for the computer. I rarely have both the computer and TV going at the same time and it's easy to switch between the TV and computer when needed.