New Multiple Homescreen Implementation

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Am I the only one that finds the sideways scroll homescreen implementation for multiple screens' not the greatest? It just feels like it should lock in place. Now when I rest my thumb on the screen it can shift from left to right as opposed to being locked in place like it is when you only have 1 homescreen. It just feels wobbly and unstable. I do like being able to order the icons and add apps of course but I just think it could've been done better.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I mean it's not that I don't like it. I just don't like how the homescreen slides/wobbles when I am just resting my thumb on the screen.(during one handed use). I wish it would be locked in place and then only slide when I really want it too instead of being wobbly. Of course the benefit of more room for applications outweighs this slight annoyance but I was just wondering if the homescreens' shifting left/right when not desired is bothering any other users.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I mean it's not that I don't like it. I just don't like how the homescreen slides/wobbles when I am just resting my thumb on the screen.(during one handed use). I wish it would be locked in place and then only slide when I really want it too instead of being wobbly. Of course the benefit of more room for applications outweighs this slight annoyance but I was just wondering if the homescreens' shifting left/right when not desired is bothering any other users.
Nope. I don't rest my thumb on the screen for no good reason.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I always have. It's just where it naturally lands(above the dock on the iPhone),
where there ususaly is a keypad if it were a regular cell phone,
I don't remember what other cells were like. Sometimes, I even touch my computer screen instinctively and am surprised when nothing happens.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Am I the only one that finds the sideways scroll homescreen implementation for multiple screens' not the greatest? It just feels like it should lock in place. Now when I rest my thumb on the screen it can shift from left to right as opposed to being locked in place like it is when you only have 1 homescreen. It just feels wobbly and unstable. I do like being able to order the icons and add apps of course but I just think it could've been done better.
I know exactly what you mean. This is one thing I liked about my stock phone that was not jailbroken prior to 1.1.3. I liked the way it was "stable" for lack of better word.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I don't remember what other cells were like. Sometimes, I even touch my computer screen instinctively and am surprised when nothing happens.
lmao thats funny cause it reminds me of the time I did that with my sisters sidekick. I didn't slide it open and touched the screen and I though it was broken then I remembered it was side kick, gave it back to her and told her to upgrade. its like when playstation came out. If a game froze you realized that blowing the system was'nt going to fix like it did your Snes. (the good old days)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I never have the problem of, inadvertent screen shift. I love the multiple screens. The addition of the multiple screens and bookmarks to home screen/screens, has made me fall in love all over again, with my iPhone. Apple hits another homerun, in my opinion! Mark

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I do the same. SOmetime when I'm at the bottom of a page in Safari, I'll touch the top bar and expect the window to shoot up to the top. It takes me a minute to realize that this is the Mac, not the iPhone.

- John

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I wish you could take certain functions and place them on your homepage. Like a direct link to Videos from the I-pod function. Maybe soon!

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007

When I first got the iPhone, and was using it so the battery lasted less than a day, I did this multiple times. :laugh2: